Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search between keywords and make a single line Post 302723819 by giri4332 on Tuesday 30th of October 2012 10:15:57 PM
Old 10-30-2012
search between keywords and make a single line

have a very big file where need to format it like below

example file:

abcd today
is
great
day;

search keyword 'abcd' and append to it all words till we reach ; to make it a single line.

output should look like.

abcd today is great day;

There are many occurrence of such paragraphs and text file also contain other lines which we do not want to touch.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace words between two keywords

Hi, I have a file which contains the following : select * from test where test_id=1; select id from test1, test2 where test_id=1 and test_id=2; select * from test1, test2, test3 where test_id=4 and test2_id where in (select test2_id from test2); select id1, id2 from test ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrrajeeb
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

make multiple line containing a pattern into single line

I have the following data file. zz=aa azxc-1234 aa=aa zz=bb azxc-1234 bb=bb zz=cc azxc-1234 cc=cc zz=dd azxc-2345 dd=dd zz=ee azxc-2345 ee=ee zz=ff azxc-3456 ff=ff zz=gg azxc-4567 gg=gg zz=hh azxc-4567 hh=hh zz=ii azxc-4567 ii=ii I want to make 2nd field pattern matching multiple lines... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: VTAWKVT
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a pattern in a file with contents in a single line

Hi all I am searching for a pattern in a file . The file content is in a single line.If am doing a grep or sed for the a particular pattern am getting whole file. I want the result in different lines. attaching the file for reference search pattern "/xxxxxx/hhhh/tttttttt/sss/" and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for keywords in subsequent lines

Hi all, I am looking for a coomand to search for the keywords in susequenct lines. Keyword1 in a line and Keyword2 in the very next line. Once i found the combination ineed to print the lines with patterns and the line above and one below. I am giving an example here: Keywords are :ERROR and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file with keywords

Hi All I have a file of format asdf asf first sec endi asdk rt 123 ferf dfg ijglkp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailabdulbari
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Try to make a single line to syslog.

Hi again: Following the thread: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/147755-format-lines-file.html I couldn't solve my problem, so I ask you again gurus: I have this code: nohup /usr/sbin/auditstream | /usr/sbin/auditselect -m -e "event== S_ENVIRON_WRITE || event==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search all file for particular text and make changes to line 3

Hi All, I am sitting on HPUX. I want to change the exit into #exit, which appears into 3red line of code in shell scripting, wondering how shell script to be called up to perform action. I have following code in all files. Now, I need to find the text exit and replace into #exit. #!/sbin/sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies
fst-mor(1)							      fst-mor								fst-mor(1)

NAME
fst-mor - Interactive morphological analyser and generator SYNOPSIS
fst-mor [options] file OPTIONS
-n Print multi-character symbols without the enclosing angle brackets. -h Print usage information. DESCRIPTION
fst-mor is an interactive morphological analyser and generator. The argument is the name of a file which was generated by fst-compiler (without using option -c). fst-mor reads the transducer which is stored in the argument file and prompts the user for input. Each input line is processed until the user enters "q" which ends the program. fst-mor has two modes, an analysis mode (default) and a generation mode. Entering an empty input line switches between the two modes. In order to explain what the program does in generation and analysis, consider the following transducer: a b:x c:<> d In generation mode, the program will print "axd" if the user enters "abcd" and "no result" otherwise. In other words, the program maps the left symbols to the right symbols of the transducer. In analysis mode, the program will print "abcd" if the user enters "axd" and "no result" otherwise. BUGS
No bugs are known so far. SEE ALSO
fst-compiler AUTHOR
Helmut Schmid, Institute for Computational Linguistics, University of Stuttgart, Email: schmid@ims.uni-stuttgart.de, This software is available under the GNU Public License. February 2002 fst-mor(1)