Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users network configuration on openbsd Post 302723797 by kvok on Tuesday 30th of October 2012 07:41:55 PM
Old 10-30-2012
network configuration on openbsd

Hi all,
I got following configuration problem

I need to configure tiny network on openbsd
I got server1 with 3 interfaces vic0 em0 em1

The interface vic0 on server1 has follwoing IP 172.16.1.1

em0
firstly I would like to configure network under em0 (I have assigned to em0 following ip: 192.168.1.1 )
in this network I want to configure 2 pC (server2 and server3)
I have created on pc2 /etc/hostname.vic0 with entry inet 192.168.1.2
the same on pc3 /etc/hostname.vic0 with entry inet 192.168.1.3

all interfaces were restarted (on server1 and on pc2 & pc3) and they cant see each other.

is there anything what I forgot to configure or restart ?
Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX Network Configuration

Hi, I have installed a HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800 Server in one of the domain. And I'm also able to telnet/ping into this server from systems in the same domain. But I'm not able to telnet/ping into this server from a different domain. So, what shoud need to do to achieve this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

OpenBSD + Network +ifconfig

This feels really silly, but i just dont get it.. I just installed openbsd on one of my machines, usually i dont have this problem, but now, when i try to use ifconfig to give myself an ipadress, i get this errormsg: OpenAMD# ifconfig ep0 192.168.51.16 ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CopyWrong
5 Replies

3. Solaris

network configuration

hi again... i configured my network settings sometiime ago using the sys-unconfig command.the active link was rtls0. there was some problem with the network so i changed the ISP. now when im trying to reconfigure the system wit sys-unconfig, it tries to configure the network on rtls1 (and shows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

4. SCO

Network Configuration

I have a SCO 5.07 Server and I am trying to get it on my network. I have edited the /etc/hosts file and /etc/rc2.d/s99route . I has connectivity on the NIC card but not sure if I am forgetting another file. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewd
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network configuration

I am using solaris 10, my internet works alright but each time i reboot i keep loosing my connection. I will have to use the ifconfig iprb0 192.168.1.xx netmask 255.255.255.0 up and Route add default 192.168.1.xxx command to gain back my internet. I know there is a better way of addressing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Network configuration

Hi I have installed Solaris 5.10 on Intel x86 machine (standalone). I want to access internet through solaris. How should I configure the network? Is static IP or DHCP advisable? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
5 Replies

7. BSD

PF OpenBSD Network Monitoring

Hi, Though I have some Linux background I'm new to BSD. Currently I'm administering an OpenBSD 5.3 firewall which based on PF. I want to view my LAN's top talkers to the internet. If it is a graphical method that's better but I like to know whether it is possible through a command like pfctl.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithad
3 Replies
URNDIS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 URNDIS(4)

NAME
urndis -- USB Remote NDIS Ethernet device SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device ehci device uhci device ohci device xhci device usb device urndis Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_urndis_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The urndis driver provides Ethernet access over Remote NDIS (RNDIS), allowing mobile devices such as phones and tablets to provide network access. It is often referred to as USB tethering, and in most cases must be explicitly enabled on the device. urndis should work with any USB RNDIS devices, such as those commonly found on Android devices. It does not support different media types or options. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The urndis driver supports the "tethering" functionality of many Android devices. SEE ALSO
arp(4), cdce(4), ipheth(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The urndis device driver first appeared in OpenBSD 4.7. The first FreeBSD release to include it was FreeBSD 9.3. AUTHORS
The urndis driver was written by Jonathan Armani <armani@openbsd.org>, Michael Knudsen <mk@openbsd.org>, and Fabien Romano <fabien@openbsd.org>. It was ported to FreeBSD by Hans Petter Selasky <hps@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 2, 2014 BSD