Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris zfs send receive performance issues Post 302723535 by jlliagre on Tuesday 30th of October 2012 10:21:38 AM
Old 10-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugitive
I cannot install this on my production server without n no. of approvals.
Then the wisest way would be for you to ask for these approvals. There is no much point trying to find other causes and/or seek different solutions while that one has proved to be very successful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Tcp Ip Send Receive Server Program

Requirements: A server program should read a file and send the message to the client . if the file is not there, then switch to the receive part of the same program and receive any messages from the socket. If no messages to receive then switch to send part of the program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I can send but cannot receive mail with unix?

Hi all, First post! I have just discovered that I can use unix to send mail to a mail address. I normally use entourage for my mail. This unix mail is very intriguing to me, but something is not working... I tried the search, but could not find the answer... This works: (in terminal)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjorn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can send but not receive email

Hi, One of the users in our company can send but not receive email. We are using SENDMAIL in conjunction with procmail. The funny thing is that all his sent email is in his /var/spool/mail but the email client does not pick anything up! He is using IMAP. Anyone see have any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. Programming

Send/Receive buffer size??

Dear friends, How do I find the TCP send and receive buffer size? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor send/receive bytes

Hello, I need to create a script to monitor sent/received packets for a period of time (the period of time will be a users input) and write the result to some txt file. Is there any command (don`t want to use any 3rd party sw) what I can use? I`m using Solaris 10. Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: msojka77
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Receive Mails

Hi All, I am writing one script to automate one long process. In this process we need to upload some input files and download some output files. So , I want to automate this upload and download by using mail functionality. I want to trigger this script when I am sending mail to server. I know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
0 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS send issues

I have two servers, we'll call them sv1 and sv2. both are Solaris 11.1 LDOMS running on a T4-4 with RBAC enabled. my user has zfs allow send, receive on both servers and has ssh keys shared. on sv2 (the destination) I have a zpool called zones that has no zfs fs built on sv1 (the source) I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
5 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS receive error

trying to clone a zfs file system on the same system using zfs send -r root/branch@snapshot |zfs receive root/newbranch and get the following error :parent does not exist. How do I fix this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send/receive file through serial using minicom

i have connected with my board through serial interface using minicom and i am running a bash script, which should test ethernet (ping test), USB read/write, RS232 .. I have managed to test ethernet and USB read/write. I test ethernet with ping. I test USB read/write, using dd and verifying... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxmember
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Zfs send & receive with encryption - how to retrieve data?

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for some help to retrieve data in a scenario where I might have made a big mistake. I'm hoping to understand what I did wrong. My system is made of two Solaris 11 Express servers (old free version for evaluation). The first if for data and the second is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnd
7 Replies
math::fuzzy(n)							 Tcl Math Library						    math::fuzzy(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
math::fuzzy - Fuzzy comparison of floating-point numbers SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.3? package require math::fuzzy ?0.2? ::math::fuzzy::teq value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tne value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tge value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tle value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tlt value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tgt value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tfloor value ::math::fuzzy::tceil value ::math::fuzzy::tround value ::math::fuzzy::troundn value ndigits _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package Fuzzy is meant to solve common problems with floating-point numbers in a systematic way: o Comparing two numbers that are "supposed" to be identical, like 1.0 and 2.1/(1.2+0.9) is not guaranteed to give the intuitive result. o Rounding a number that is halfway two integer numbers can cause strange errors, like int(100.0*2.8) != 28 but 27 The Fuzzy package is meant to help sorting out this type of problems by defining "fuzzy" comparison procedures for floating-point numbers. It does so by allowing for a small margin that is determined automatically - the margin is three times the "epsilon" value, that is three times the smallest number eps such that 1.0 and 1.0+$eps canbe distinguished. In Tcl, which uses double precision floating-point numbers, this is typically 1.1e-16. PROCEDURES
Effectively the package provides the following procedures: ::math::fuzzy::teq value1 value2 Compares two floating-point numbers and returns 1 if their values fall within a small range. Otherwise it returns 0. ::math::fuzzy::tne value1 value2 Returns the negation, that is, if the difference is larger than the margin, it returns 1. ::math::fuzzy::tge value1 value2 Compares two floating-point numbers and returns 1 if their values either fall within a small range or if the first number is larger than the second. Otherwise it returns 0. ::math::fuzzy::tle value1 value2 Returns 1 if the two numbers are equal according to [teq] or if the first is smaller than the second. ::math::fuzzy::tlt value1 value2 Returns the opposite of [tge]. ::math::fuzzy::tgt value1 value2 Returns the opposite of [tle]. ::math::fuzzy::tfloor value Returns the integer number that is lower or equal to the given floating-point number, within a well-defined tolerance. ::math::fuzzy::tceil value Returns the integer number that is greater or equal to the given floating-point number, within a well-defined tolerance. ::math::fuzzy::tround value Rounds the floating-point number off. ::math::fuzzy::troundn value ndigits Rounds the floating-point number off to the specified number of decimals (Pro memorie). Usage: if { [teq $x $y] } { puts "x == y" } if { [tne $x $y] } { puts "x != y" } if { [tge $x $y] } { puts "x >= y" } if { [tgt $x $y] } { puts "x > y" } if { [tlt $x $y] } { puts "x < y" } if { [tle $x $y] } { puts "x <= y" } set fx [tfloor $x] set fc [tceil $x] set rounded [tround $x] set roundn [troundn $x $nodigits] TEST CASES
The problems that can occur with floating-point numbers are illustrated by the test cases in the file "fuzzy.test": o Several test case use the ordinary comparisons, and they fail invariably to produce understandable results o One test case uses [expr] without braces ({ and }). It too fails. The conclusion from this is that any expression should be surrounded by braces, because otherwise very awkward things can happen if you need accuracy. Furthermore, accuracy and understandable results are enhanced by using these "tolerant" or fuzzy comparisons. Note that besides the Tcl-only package, there is also a C-based version. REFERENCES
Original implementation in Fortran by dr. H.D. Knoble (Penn State University). P. E. Hagerty, "More on Fuzzy Floor and Ceiling," APL QUOTE QUAD 8(4):20-24, June 1978. Note that TFLOOR=FL5 took five years of refereed evolution (publication). L. M. Breed, "Definitions for Fuzzy Floor and Ceiling", APL QUOTE QUAD 8(3):16-23, March 1978. D. Knuth, Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 1, Problem 1.2.4-5. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category math :: fuzzy of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
floating-point, math, rounding CATEGORY
Mathematics math 0.2 math::fuzzy(n)