Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Running Solaris SPARC on Intel Hardware???? Post 302723351 by jlliagre on Tuesday 30th of October 2012 02:30:03 AM
Old 10-30-2012
Indeed, there is no SPARC emulation with VirtualBox.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sparc vs Intel performance

Hello all, I have been trying to find any data that states what platform would garner better overall performance in an Oracle Cluster. The scenario: This is a high traffic e-commerce site with IIS and Commerce server on the front end. The backend consists of a Sun Solaris hardware/software... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmgrady01
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 on SPARC & x64/x86 hardware requirements

Hi folks Doing practice certification questions but the answers to this question appear different everywhere I look? Is it also seems to be dependent on the S10 update version using at the moment in the market place? If the book was written over year back, then I suppose the hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angusyoung
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

5. Programming

Padding issues between Sparc and Intel

Hello, I'm facing severe structure padding issues when my Solaris C/C++ application that runs on Sparc communicates with the same C/C++ application that runs on Intel. I know that Sparc and Intel use different padding patterns. So when it comes to reading the exchanged structure data, both... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goseib
11 Replies

6. Hardware

seeking QUIET hardware Sparc Solaris 8/Openwin

I have several applications locked to Solaris 8 (and older) and have been very happy with my Sparcs and Ultras but am getting tinnitus problems from fans and disks. Any tips on a quiet thin client (with decent graphics, not video or gaming level but 24bit and multi monitor would be useful) that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchman
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Service error on sparc server running solaris 10

Hi, I am getting following service error on one of the sparc servers running solaris 10 - Code : $ svcs -a | grep "maintenance" maintenance Nov_08 svc:/application/management/sma:default $ svcs -xv svc:/application/management/sma:default (net-snmp SNMP daemon) State: maintenance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmin
8 Replies