Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Attempting to pass my array as a nested parameter to loop. A little lost. Post 302723347 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 30th of October 2012 02:26:50 AM
Old 10-30-2012
is this homework?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dsl connections lost when attempting to retrieve mail from my server.

suse linux 6.4 im running and i have port 110 for pop and smtp open, i have set up some email addresses for my friends, but they recieve errors saying that relaying is denied. i know this is to prevent spamming software from using my domain to send spam, but how do i let my users send their mail?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a parameter

Hi all, How to pass a parameter from a oracle pl/sql procedure parameter to shell environment and use it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Search Multi-Dimensional(nested) array and export values of currenly worked on array.

Hi All, I'm writing a nagios check that will see if our ldap servers are in sync... I got the status data into a nested array, I would like to search key of each array and if "OK" is NOT present, echo other key=>values in the current array to a variable so...eg...let take the single array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass the parameter value to a... ?

Hello I have a simple code like this one: #!/bin/ksh VER=$1 cat /usr/text | while read line do echo $line done Let's say $1=1.0.0 and the contents of text is: abcd.cfg asdf I would like the output to be like this abcd1.0.0.cfg asdf1.0.0 I am thinking of passing the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter

Hi, I have following for loop , please let me know how to get ${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} parameter with 1DAY and 7DAY values. for i in 1DAY 7DAY do ${NZSQL_DIR}/nzsql -h ${HOST} -time -v ON_ERROR_STOP=1 -f ${SQL_DIR}/${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} > ${TMP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass array to a function and display the array

Hi All I have multiple arrays like below. set -A val1 1 2 4 5 set -A val2 a b c d . . . Now i would like to pass the individual arrays one by one to a function and display/ do some action. Note : I am using ksh Can you please advise any solution... Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass function parameter to do loop?

Hi All, I have created one function for KSH and was running well with one parameter input since I just had to use $1 to get the parameter. Now I want to do loop for each parameter(actually filenames) . I have try to use do loop, but $i does not resolve to parameter instead it resolves to 1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysocks
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Shell lost the inverted comma in a nested ssh command

Hi, i want use this Comand for my psql request sh ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no rootatemailaddress.de sudo psql -U postgres -c "select pg_terminate_backend(pid) from pg_stat_activity where datnam=\'$DB\';"'" but the shell lost the inverted comma for datnam=\'$DB\'. The request deliver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpane007
2 Replies
SCOLASYNC(1)						       scolasync User Manual						      SCOLASYNC(1)

NAME
scolasync - a file manager dedicated to dealing with a collection of removable media, like music mobile players. It makes easier to copy files to a set of removable media, and to copy files from them. SYNOPSIS
scolasync [{-c | --check}] DESCRIPTION
scolasync allows you to send a series of files towards a set of removable media. Every individual removable storage device is identified, for example to its owner. Then, later, you can retreive modified files from the same collection of removable media and track the modifications attributable to each owner. A possible usage is with students learning a foreign language: they are given homework on their USB sticks, and they bring them back with modified contents to get scores. OPTIONS
-c , --check Enables checkboxes to select a subset of the usb storage media currently plugged to your computer, even if the checkboxes are not wanted in the preferences of the application. FILES
${HOME}/.scolasync/db A database containing the preferences of the application, and the mapping between owners and USB storage media. /usr/share/scolasync/marques.py A dictionary of pecularities which come with some brands of USB storage media. ${HOME}/.scolasync/marques.py This dictionary overrides the settings in the system-wide configuration. ${HOME}/.scolasync/scolasync.log A log file for the application. AUTHOR
Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Georges Khaznadar This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. scolasync 06/23/2012 SCOLASYNC(1)