Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to copy very large directory trees Post 302723253 by Chubler_XL on Monday 29th of October 2012 06:58:28 PM
Old 10-29-2012
The rsync utility has all the features you listed as well as many more you man not have thought of.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy large dump file

Hi Experts.. Could anyone please let me know the easier way to copy large dump of files from one server to another. I am trying to copy a set of dump files on two different servers placed in different geographic locations.. Though there are other factors such as latency, etc., slowing up the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to diff two huge directory trees

Hi I have a job that will be running nightly incremental backsup of a large directory tree. I did the initial backup, now I want to write a script to verify that all the files were transferred correctly. I did something like this which works in principle on small trees: diff -r -q... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: same1290
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to rsync or tar directory trees, with hidden directory, but without files?

I want to backup all the directory tress, including hidden directories, without copying any files. find . -type d gives the perfect list. When I tried tar, it won't work for me because it tars all the files. find . -type d | xargs tar -cvf a.tar So i tried rsync. On my own test box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it better/possible to pause the rsyncing of a very large directory?

Possibly a dumb question, but I'm deciding how I'm going to do this. I'm currently rsyncing a 25TB directory (with several layers of sub directories most of which have video files ranging from 500 megs to 4-5 gigs), from one NAS to another using rsync -av. By the time I need to act ~15TB should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

6. Slackware

What is the medium usually used to backup large trees?

Hi: What's asked. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stf92
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the files in directory and sub folders as it is to another directory.

How to copy files from one directory to another directory with the subfolders copied. If i have folder1/sub1/sub2/* it needs to copy files to folder2/sub1/sub2/*. I do not want to create sub folders in folder2. Can copy command create them automatically? I tried cp -a and cp -R but did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - Checking directory trees containing wild cards

Hi Can somebody please show me how to check from within a KSH script if a directory exists on that same host when parts of the directory tree are unknown? If these wildcard dirs were the only dirs at that level then ... RETCODE=$(ls -l /u01/app/oracle/local/*/* | grep target_dir) ... will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
4 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_rsyncd - Manages an rsync daemon SYNOPSIS
rsyncd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This script manages rsync daemon SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binpath The rsync binary path. For example, "/usr/bin/rsync" (optional, string, default "rsync") conffile The rsync daemon configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/rsyncd.conf" (optional, string, default "/etc/rsyncd.conf") bwlimit This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate in kilobytes per second. This option is most effective when using rsync with large files (several megabytes and up). Due to the nature of rsync transfers, blocks of data are sent, then if rsync determines the transfer was too fast, it will wait before sending the next data block. The result is an average transfer rate equaling the specified limit. A value of zero specifies no limit. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a rsyncd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_rsyncd ocf:heartbeat:rsyncd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/rsyncd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)