Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris zfs send receive performance issues Post 302723247 by jlliagre on Monday 29th of October 2012 06:46:58 PM
Old 10-29-2012
Install mbuffer and run:
Code:
zfs send pool/u01@new  | mbuffer -s 128k -m 2G -o -| zfs -F receive newpool/u01

Source: Using mbuffer to speed up slow zfs send | zfs receive

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Tcp Ip Send Receive Server Program

Requirements: A server program should read a file and send the message to the client . if the file is not there, then switch to the receive part of the same program and receive any messages from the socket. If no messages to receive then switch to send part of the program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I can send but cannot receive mail with unix?

Hi all, First post! I have just discovered that I can use unix to send mail to a mail address. I normally use entourage for my mail. This unix mail is very intriguing to me, but something is not working... I tried the search, but could not find the answer... This works: (in terminal)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjorn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can send but not receive email

Hi, One of the users in our company can send but not receive email. We are using SENDMAIL in conjunction with procmail. The funny thing is that all his sent email is in his /var/spool/mail but the email client does not pick anything up! He is using IMAP. Anyone see have any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. Programming

Send/Receive buffer size??

Dear friends, How do I find the TCP send and receive buffer size? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor send/receive bytes

Hello, I need to create a script to monitor sent/received packets for a period of time (the period of time will be a users input) and write the result to some txt file. Is there any command (don`t want to use any 3rd party sw) what I can use? I`m using Solaris 10. Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: msojka77
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Receive Mails

Hi All, I am writing one script to automate one long process. In this process we need to upload some input files and download some output files. So , I want to automate this upload and download by using mail functionality. I want to trigger this script when I am sending mail to server. I know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
0 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS send issues

I have two servers, we'll call them sv1 and sv2. both are Solaris 11.1 LDOMS running on a T4-4 with RBAC enabled. my user has zfs allow send, receive on both servers and has ssh keys shared. on sv2 (the destination) I have a zpool called zones that has no zfs fs built on sv1 (the source) I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
5 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS receive error

trying to clone a zfs file system on the same system using zfs send -r root/branch@snapshot |zfs receive root/newbranch and get the following error :parent does not exist. How do I fix this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send/receive file through serial using minicom

i have connected with my board through serial interface using minicom and i am running a bash script, which should test ethernet (ping test), USB read/write, RS232 .. I have managed to test ethernet and USB read/write. I test ethernet with ping. I test USB read/write, using dd and verifying... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxmember
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Zfs send & receive with encryption - how to retrieve data?

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for some help to retrieve data in a scenario where I might have made a big mistake. I'm hoping to understand what I did wrong. My system is made of two Solaris 11 Express servers (old free version for evaluation). The first if for data and the second is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnd
7 Replies
AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)

NAME
amzfs-sendrecv - Amanda script to create zfs sendrecv DESCRIPTION
amzfs-sendrecv is an Amanda application implementing the Application API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem and backup the snapshot with 'zfs send'. Snapshot are kept after the backup is done, this increase the disk space use on the client but it is neccesary to be able do to incremental backup. If you want only full backup, you can disable this feature by setting the KEEP-SNAPSHOT property to 'NO'. Only the restoration of the complete backup is allowed, it is impossible to restore a single file. The application is run as the amanda user, it must have many zfs priviledge: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,create,rename,snapshot,destroy,send,receive FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the diskdevice in the disklist (DLE) must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem doesn't need to be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-sendrecv's functionality. See amanda-applications(7) for information on the Application API, application configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. KEEP-SNAPSHOT If "YES" (the default), snapshot are kept after the backup, if set to "NO" then snapshot are no kept and incremental backup will fail. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-sendrecv application to backup a zfs filesystem. define application-tool amzfs_sendrecv { comment "amzfs-sendrecv" plugin "amzfs-sendrecv" #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "KEEP-SNAPSHOT" "YES" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-sendrecv { program "APPLICATAION" application "amzfs_sendrecv" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-applications(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)