Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract lines from text after keyword Post 302723133 by stekanius on Monday 29th of October 2012 12:21:15 PM
Old 10-29-2012
ok! thnx again for the info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines between specific line number from a text file

Hi I want to extract certain text between two line numbers like 23234234324 and 54446655567567 How do I do this with a simple sed or awk command? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ---------- found it: sed -n '#1,#2p'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: return_user
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines of text based on a specific keyword

I regularly extract lines of text from files based on the presence of a particular keyword; I place the extracted lines into another text file. This takes about 2 hours to complete using the "sort" command then Kate's find & highlight facility. I've been reading the forum & googling and can find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DionDeVille
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract particular lines from text file

I have two files file A which have a number in every row and file B which contains few hundred thousand rows with about 300 characters in each row (csv) What I need is to extract whole rows from B file (only these which numbers are indicated in A file) I also need to use cygwin. Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunio
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: How to extract text lines between two strings

Hi. I have a text test1.txt file like:Receipt Line1 Line2 Line3 End Receipt Line4 Line5 Line6 Canceled Receipt Line7 Line8 Line9 End (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TQ3
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract two lines before and after the 'search text'

Hi Guys, I have a situation wherein I need to extract two lines from below the search string. Eg. Current: $ grep "$(date +'%a %b %e')" alert.log Mon Apr 12 03:58:10 2010 Mon Apr 12 12:51:48 2010 $ Here I would like the display to be something like Mon Apr 12... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geetap
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help please, extract multiple lines from a text file

Hi all, I need to extract lines between the lines 'RD' and 'QA' from a text file (following). there are more that one of such pattern in the file and I need to extract all of them. however, the number of lines between them is varied in the file. Therefore, I can not just use 'grep -A' command.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnshembb
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Lines Containg a Keyword

Hi , I have two files, say KEY_FILE and the MAIN_FILE. I am trying to read the KEY_FILE which has only one column and look for this column data in the MAIN_FILE to extract all the rows that have this key. I have written a script to do so, but somehow it is not returning all the rows ( It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from text files

I have some files containing the following data # RESIDUE AA STRUCTURE BP1 BP2 ACC N-H-->O O-->H-N N-H-->O O-->H-N TCO KAPPA ALPHA PHI PSI X-CA Y-CA Z-CA 1 196 A M 0 0 230 0, 0.0 2,-0.2 0, 0.0 0, 0.0 0.000 360.0 360.0 360.0 76.4 21.7 -6.8 11.3 2 197 A D + 0 0 175 1,-0.1 2,-0.1 0, 0.0 0, 0.0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: edweena
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract the word after a particular keyword throughout the file..

Hi Everyone, Need help in extracting the hostname from the below output. Expected output: DS-TESTB-GDS-1.TEST.ABC.COM DS-TESTB-GDS-2.TEST.ABC.COM .... ... /tmp $ cat -n /tmp/patchreport 1 /usr/bin/perl /admin/bin/patch/applyPatches.pl --apply_patches... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiyagoo
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to extract value after keyword in html

Using awk to extract value after a keyword in an html, and store in ts. The awk does execute but ts is empty. I use the tag as a delimiter and the keyword as a pattern, but there probably is a better way. Thank you :). file <html><head><title>xxxxxx xxxxx</title><style type="text/css"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
COOKIETOOL(6)							   Games Manual 						     COOKIETOOL(6)

NAME
cdbsplit - program to operate cookie (fortune) database SYNOPSIS
cdbsplit [options] <cookie-database> <hitfile> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cdbsplit command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has some plain text documentation, see below. cdbsplit is a program that can be used to operate cookie database in various formats, the default is standard fortune(6) format, i.e. list of 'cookies' delimited with line containing a single percent ('%') char . With 'cdbsplit' you can split cookie database, or extract parts of it depending on various criteria. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the documentation in /usr/share/doc/cookietool directory. NOTE, that default behaviour is to overwrite existing database with its reduced version, so the cookies are MOVED to hitfile. The hitfile is never overwritten, but may be appended to. [nothing] Shows summary of options. -c case-sensitive comparisons (for both keywords and groups) -d[0-3] how fussy about word delimiters? (default: 2) -k<keyword> optional keyword -K<keyword> mandatory keyword (use both of them to form boolean expressions) -l<min_lines> minimal cookie length (in lines) -L<max_lines> maximal cookie length (in lines) -w<chars> minimal line width (in chars) -W<chars> maximal line width (in chars) -n<min_number> start at cookie <min_number> -N<max_number> stop after <max_number> cookie -m<chars> find groups of cookies starting with <n> matching characters (database must be sorted for this to make sense!) -x extract only, don't modify <cookie-database> -a append, don't overwrite <hitfile> if such a filename exists -f[0-3] input file format - -f3: cookies are separated by '%%' lines; -f2: cookies are separated by '%' lines (DEFAULT); -f1: each line is a cookie; -f0: each word is a cookie. SEE ALSO
cookietool(6), cdbdiff(6) BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Upstream author and Aminet cookietool.lha package with AmigaOS binaries uploader is Wilhelm Noeker, <wnoeker@t-online.de>. Unix manpages (including this one) and makefile are maintained by Miros/law L. Baran <baran@debian.org>. This manual page uses many excerpts from the original README file. May 19, 2001 COOKIETOOL(6)