Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generating a passwordlist based on rules Post 302722859 by ctsgnb on Sunday 28th of October 2012 08:59:21 PM
Old 10-28-2012
For sur there may be some more elegant answer but until you get one ...

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{
split(" .",a,z)
split("tT",b,z)
split("pP",c,z)
split("gG",d,z)
split("bB",e,z)
for (j=0;j++<3;)
for (l=0;l++<3;)
for (m=0;m++<3;)
for (n=0;n++<3;)
for (i in b)
for (k in c)
for (o in b)
for (p in d)
for (q in e)
print b[i] "he" a[j] c[k] "eanutbutter" a[l] b[o] "astes" a[m] d[p] "ood" a[n] e[q] "anana"
}'

By the way this will generate a list of 3*3*3*3*2*2*2*2*2=2592 possible passwd... note that i assumed that the "eanutbutter" sequence remains unchanged otherwise you have to adapt the code...

I also assumed that the separator could either be dot space or nothing and that each separators are independant from eachother, if not, you can reduce the number of possibilities, depending the rules you use. (I just based those assumptions on the example you provided).

Last edited by ctsgnb; 10-29-2012 at 04:46 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

generating timer

I'm trying generate an interrupt every 1 seconds using itimer and My clock is not running. This is what i did : printf("about to sleep for 1 second \n"); signal(SIGALRM, wakeup); //myTimer.it_interval.tv_sec=0; //myTimer.it_interval.tv_usec =0; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confuse
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating reports based on time field of network data

hi i have data extracted in the following format ranging around 300000 to 800000 records in a text file , the format is of network data . No. Time Source Destination Protocol 1 1998-06-05 17:20:23.569905 HP_61:aa:c9 HP_61:aa:c9 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: renukaprasadb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a file based on another file

I am trying to generate a file like this one Based on this other file The first part at the very top ( ;1.0) is a constant so it does not change from file to file -that part is not a problem. My problems start with the second line, as you can see those are consecutive numbers (1;2;3; etc)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching string on two files based on match rules.

Hi, How to check if a string on file2 exactly matches with a part or complete string on file1, and return a match indicator based on some match rules. 1) only records on file1 with category A should be matched. for other category, the output match indicator should default to 'N' 2) on file2... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: effay
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with allocated text content based on specific rules...

Input file format: /tag="ABL" /note="abl homolog 2 /tag="ABLIM1" /note="actin binding LIM 1 /tag="ABP1" /note="amiloride binding protein 1 (amine oxidase (copper- containing)) /tag="ABR" /note="active BCR-related /tag="AC003042.1" /note="SDR family member 11 precursor . . . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines based on Rules

Hi My requirement is very simple . I juts need to delte some lines from a file. here comes theactual scenario I have some data in file like say srinivasa prabhu kumar antony srinivas king prabhu antony srinivas prabhu king yar venkata venkata kingson srinivas... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering duplicates based on lookup table and rules

please help solving the following. I have access to redhat linux cluster having 32gigs of ram. I have duplicate ids for variable names, in the file 1,2 are duplicates;3,4 and 5 are duplicates;6 and 7 are duplicates. My objective is to use only the first occurrence of these duplicates. Lookup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to update field based on a specific set of rules

In the perl below, which does execute, I am having trouble with the else in Rule 3. The digit in f{8} is extracted and used to update f accordinly along with the value in f. There can be either - * or + before the number that is extracted but the same logic applies, that is if the value is greater... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to change value based on set of rules

In the perl there is a default rule that sets f to VUS, and then a seris of rules that will change f based on the result that is obtained from the rule. The code below is a rule that is supposed to be applicable to lines 2-4 because this rule just looks at the digit in f. So in line 2 f is 27... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
split(1)						      General Commands Manual							  split(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
line_count] suffix_length] [file [name]] nsuffix_length] [file [name]] Obsolescent n] [file [name]] DESCRIPTION
reads file and writes it in pieces (default 1000 lines) onto a set of output files. The name of the first output file is name with appended, and so on lexicographically, up to (only ASCII letters are used, a maximum of 676 files). If no output name is given, is the default. If no input file is given, or if is given instead, the standard input file is used. Options recognizes the following command-line options and arguments: The input file is split into pieces line_count lines in size. suffix_length letters are used to form the suffix of the output filenames. This option allows creation of more than 676 output files. The output file names created cannot exceed the maximum file name length allowed in the directory containing the files. The input file is split into pieces n bytes in size. The input file is split into pieces n x 1024 bytes in size. No space separates the n from the The input file is split into pieces n x 1048576 bytes in size. No space separates the n from the The input file is split into pieces n lines in size. This option is obsolescent and is equivalent to using the option. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the locale for the interpretation of text as single- and/or multi-byte characters. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If or is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty variable. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. SEE ALSO
csplit(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
split(1)