Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Program wont print prime numbers Post 302722617 by Don Cragun on Sunday 28th of October 2012 04:05:34 AM
Old 10-28-2012
Why do I get the feeling this is a homework assignment that is not posted to the homework forum?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

program to find the uncommon numbers between two files.

Hi, I need to extract the uncommon numbers from file1 and file2 For Example: File1 1 2 3 4 5 File2 1 2 3 4 5 6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salaathi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prime Number Program (Fun)

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has, or knows where to download a prime number finder program. I would like a fairly simple bash program, and also I would like one that could take advantage of multiple processors. I have 500 cores I can use, and would like to take advantage of them using a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kweekwom
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Purpose of RPC program numbers?

Whats the purpose of the following RPC program numbers: 100249 300598 805306368 Why the above program numbers were not listed in /etc/rpc file? Is it dynamically assigned? These program numbers doesnt persist after rebooting the system. If any of the service is using this program number then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The script wont trigger it. Thief Catcher program (open source)

me and my team working on a project called Stealth Hunter, Summarize about our project: Stealth Hunter is a thief catcher, It will silently take a snapshot of user using a stolen notebook or pc with webcam and send the information via email. how it work is: The scripts will triggered by the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiraichi
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the matched numbers between 2 text file using perl program??

hi dudes, I nee you kind assistance, I have to find the matched numbers from 2 text files and output of matched numbers should be in another text file.. I do have text files like this , for example File 1 787 665*5-p 5454 545-p 445-p 5454*-p File 2 5455 787 445-p 4356 2445 144 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshraj
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print numbers and associated text belonging to an interval of numbers

##### (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

program to find and print a Fibonacci sequence of numbers. --Errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to convert a C language program over to Sparc Assembley and I am getting Undefined first referenced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenjiro310
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print last row of numbers

I have a spreadsheet of extremely long rows of numbers. I want to print only the last column. Tried using printf but there seems to be too many rows. example: 3 100 34 7 23 0 8 ..... X 400 203 778 1 ..........Y 58 3 9 0 100 ..........Z I only want to print X, Y and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I use grep to grab prime number output from my factor program?

I have a factor program that runs and outputs to stdout all the prime numbers that are specified in the given paramters, in this case 30000000-31000000. Command: factor/factor 30000000-31000000 Sample output: 30999979 = 30999979 30999980 = 2^2 5 11 140909 30999981 = 3 10333327... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
6 Replies
factor(1)						      General Commands Manual							 factor(1)

NAME
factor, primes - factor a number, generate large primes SYNOPSIS
[number] [start[stop]] DESCRIPTION
If no arguments are provided on the command line, waits for a number to be typed in. If a positive number is typed, it factors the number and print its prime factors; each one is printed the proper number of times. It then waits for another number. exits if it encounters a zero or any non-numeric character. If an argument is provided on the command line, factors the number as above, then exits. Maximum time to factor is proportional to sqrt(n) and occurs when n is prime or the square of a prime. The largest number that can be dealt with by is 1.0e14. prints prime numbers between a lower and upper bound. If no arguments are provided on the command line, waits for two numbers to be typed in. The first number is interpreted as the lower bound; the second as the upper bound. All prime numbers in the resulting inclusive range are printed. If start is specified, all primes greater than or equal to start are printed. If both start and stop are given, all primes occurring in the inclusive range start through stop are printed. start and stop values must be integers represented as long integers. If the stop value is omitted in either case, runs either until overflow occurs or until it is stopped by typing the interrupt character. The largest number that can be dealt with by is 2,147,483,647. DIAGNOSTICS
Both commands print when the input is out of range, illegal characters are encountered, or when start is greater than stop. EXAMPLES
Print the prime factorization for the number 12: Print all prime numbers between 0 and 20: factor(1)