Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Specifying file system mount order Post 302722173 by Monty51 on Friday 26th of October 2012 11:59:56 AM
Old 10-26-2012
Let me make it a little clearer...

What I want to do at boot time is mount a ZFS file system on to an NFS mounted file system. Obviously, I have to wait until the NFS mount is complete before attempting the ZFS mount.

How do I tell the system to do this? I thought it would be inherent in the order of the mounts as they're listed in /etc/vfstab, but I can't confirm that (I don't have a test system to play with, either).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

2. Solaris

File system and disc mount

Hello All Well i m using sun fire and I want to view file system on each disc mount then what will be the commands?...like i want to get each disc like c0t0d0s0 and others and i want to see directories and files distributed on each discs.... with heartiest greetings nilanjan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Mount a remote file system

Hello, I'm having troubles with sharing a filesystem across 2 machines... Machine A, running Solaris 10, is sharian via NFS the filesystem /sp. Machine B, running Solaris 10, is mounting /sp shared by A in /tm/sp and shares via NFS the /tm folder. Machine C, running HP-UX, is mounting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirciulicai
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

The usage of mount file system of different servers

There is a file system in server1 which is mounted on different file system on server2. Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on server1:/users/user1 7047581 5994192 982914 86% /u01 /data/datafiles/user1 The data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] Mount HP-UX File System in Windows 7

Hello, We just got a rx4640 that is running on: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 2426088954 unlimited-user license There is a plenty of space in it and we would like to use it for storage. I can access with ftp and place the files in there but i need to mount the file system in every PC that is running... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjk
7 Replies

7. AIX

Cannot mount file system

Hi , We i try to mount aix filesystem i am getting the following error mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/fslv11 on /testdir: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. Please help me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Test cases for file system mount/umount performance in HP

Hi Folks, Could anyone please assist me with the what could be the scenarios to test the file system mount/umount performance check in HPUX. Thanks in advance, Vaishey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to mount a clone file system (NetApp)

Hi I have the following difficulty: the NetApp admin has clone one file system from one red hatserver and presented this cloned LUN into another redhat server. I can see the LUN as: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 64.4 GB, 64424509440 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 7832 cylinders Units =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies