Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed on Perl Script to Handle Log files that are rotated using logrotate Post 302722095 by DGPickett on Friday 26th of October 2012 10:44:02 AM
Old 10-26-2012
You can make a copy of the system logs in a space where you have space and write permissions, updating it periodicially using cpio or rsync, and test on that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

flexible sed command needed to handle multiple input types

Hello, I need a smart sed command that can take any of the following two as an input and give below mentioned output. As you can see, I am trying to convert some C code INPUT: struct abc_sample1 { char myString; UINT16 myValue1; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiftinDotCom
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to logrotate log files

Hi, I have written a script that runs every five minutes in cron schedular. The Operating system is Fedora core 9. This script generates 2 log files, these log file size is increasing as some log data is being dumped into these 2 log files every five minutes. I need to logrotate these 2 files.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: renuka
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Help Needed

I need this script to be able to check both IPs that are given to it and exit with an OK... if one of those expected IPs is returned. The script is run like this: /bin/dns_checker.pl -s 69.34.55.66 -q htt.jababa.com -e 69.44.56.33,45.47.43.55 Right now, the script is failing, but when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script help needed..

Hi, I am new to perl scripting. Can anybody help me in solving the below problem. I have file, which is called map_file. According to map_file's last column data, i need a output file, which has repeats as like the map_file's last column name. Thank you in advance Vasanth (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script needed

For the following command I need a perl script equivalent with a couple of more things - cat /tmp/mail |grep Appname > /tmp/mail1;cat /tmp/mail >> /tmp/mail1; mail -s "mail subject here" allan@mail.com < /tmp/mail1; >/tmp/mail ; >/tmp/mail1 ================== cat /tmp/mail ***** Alert *****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A small help needed in Logrotate

Hi, I wanted to know can a custom script can be made available to run in postroate endscript something like postrotate ./scriptpath/sh-script.sh endscript Is this the correct syntax, or it will require any modification? Thanks in Advance. Neeryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neeryan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed urgently. Look back for files in PERL

I have 3 variables $file =abc_2011_11_01.txt (current day file) $back = Yes $forward = No I need to search for 3 days back files / 3 days forward files if my current file is not present logic is, I need to download the current day file. If it is missing, i need to look out for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Perl Script

i have the following script: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use STUN::Client; use Data::Dumper; use strict; my $stun_client = STUN::Client->new; $stun_client->stun_server('10.59.29.14'); my $r = $stun_client->get; my $ip = $r->{ma_address}; print "IP: $ip\n\nResult (hash):... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

9. Debian

Logrotate truncated my log files to 0 bytes and no logs are written

Hi, Yesterday I installed and configured logrotate on my Debian machine. I was expecting this to run at 06:25 in the morning and it actually did. All my old logs were compressed and zipped but the new logs were all with size equal to 0 bytes. Processes, while still running ok, they were not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmatsinopoulos
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logrotate - I am not able to rotate files using logrotate

I have written script which is working in Home directory perfectly and also compressing log files and rotating correctly. But, when i try to run script for /var/log/ i am able to get compressed log files but not able to get rotation of compressed log files. Please suggest. I am using below command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
5 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)