Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Multiple sites running off same code Post 302721851 by AimyThomas on Friday 26th of October 2012 12:36:55 AM
Old 10-26-2012
Multiple sites running off same code

I m interested in making multiple websites, all with the same basic functionality but will have different designs or templates. is there a way they can all run off the same basic underlying code, but use different templates. what is the best method of doing this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple scripts

Hi all I have a requirement where I have a flow like Script1 script2 Script3 Script 4 Script 5 Script 6 script7 where script2 to script6 will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same time ftp download in perl multiple sites.

I currently have a perl script that have to retreive a single file from 20+ sites every 10 min. Right now it will ftp to site1 and download and continue up until site20. I am trying to get this to run all the ftp d/l at the same time. This is where I have my problem, I can't get it to work. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kofs79
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running multiple processes in Linux

Hi guys, I want to run the multiple scripts at the same time using a ksh script. For example, I have three scripts to run: a.ksh, b.ksh and c.ksh How to start the above 3 scripts simultaneously and then on the completion of the above scripts I have other tasks to schedule. Thanks Gary (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcabc1103
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple command in same line

I have 5 hosts and each host as 3 java process .I have one machine which has ssh keys so it can login without any passwords etc to all the machines. How can I find out say jstack or some command so it goes to each machine and run the command . For example machine 1 has 3 java process and they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple if statements

Hi, Hav automated a process, and it is working fine. for first process alone status = ` ps -ef |grep a ` if then echo " Success" > temp/logfile else echo " Failure" > temp/logfile fi Now I hav to write script to automated some 2 process and then send mail using cron.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
5 Replies

6. Programming

Running Multiple Unix commands in qx

Hi All, Is there anything wrong with below syntax? qx {perldoc -v ModuleName.pm | grep -i Description } BTW, this question is related to Perl. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running script in multiple locations

Hey guys I have written a bash script that compares two directories and displays the files that are different in the directories. Now my problem is the script only runs in my home directory. What do I have to do so it will run in other directories. Thanks if anyone can help. Duplicate post.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joey12
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Multiple Times ?

hey mates, I was wondering if someone could assist me with this one, I have couple scripts that I would like to invoke from .sh ( One after another ) Script1 Script2 Script3 Is it possible to run script 2 after script one finished running ? And again start script 3 after script 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple child running parallel

Hi , I am using sun Solaris machine. The machine description is given below SunOS ptxsa021 5.9 Generic_118558-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000 I am using korn shell.the scripts is below Parent code is given below..it is the part of code #!/bin/ksh # Script Name:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashutosh2378
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a command for multiple folders at once

Hi I have folders 1 to 24 (24 folders in total) and inside those folders I have the same file names. I have a command that I want to run but rather than do it individually I was wondering if there is a command to run them all at once. Thanks Phil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)