Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users error starting named service in CentOS Post 302721683 by DGPickett on Thursday 25th of October 2012 03:58:34 PM
Old 10-25-2012
Well, you have no zones in your view and only one view (they are supposed to divide things): Two-in-one DNS server with BIND9 | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Service starting Problem

Dear All, When i am start the service netd i am facing the problem 0513-015 The inetd Subsystem could not be started Please check subsystem resources and try again later. please suggest me. It is urgent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting a service at startup.

Hi guys I want to start a service and a script SiteMonitor.sh at startup. To start with i have modified /etc/rc.local file. Here is the content of my /etc/rc.local file. #!/bin/sh # # This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts. # You can put your own... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

3. Linux

named service will not start, connection refused

Hi guys Our secondary named server has an issue when we start the named service: # service named restart Stopping named: rndc: connect failed: connection refused # service named status rndc: connect failed: connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Service not starting Solaris10

On one of our server inetd service has stuck in transition state , tried restarting it but it does not do any thing and there is no associated inetd process for the same , how can i start it .. w/o rebooting it svcs inetd STATE STIME FMRI online* 16:44:55... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

5. SuSE

named service issue on Suse

Hi Experts, I have a virtual server of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64). I am having strange issue of Naming services. Every 1 or 2 hours, named service stops working on this server and then I have to start it from "/etc/init./named start" I am not getting clue, where should I start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Named.conf file missing Centos 5.

hello everyone, I have install centos 5 recently.The file /etc/named.conf not found. I have installed BIND using yum. so now what to do ?? should i create named.conf file manually ??? please help me. thanks, sharlin. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharlin
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Named not starting in CentOS 6.3

I just installed bind* and then configured named.conf and zone files. but when I am stating named its giving below error. # /etc/init.d/named restart Stopping named: Starting named: and in log i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priy
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Rpcbind service not starting

Hello all, I have read just about every rpcbind not starting thread and article on the internet it seems, but I have not found a solution to my problem as of yet. I have a solaris 10 server that has been running with no problems for a while. The other day it crashed and would not boot to the gui... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madrox72
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Httpd service not starting... Error "Documentroot must be a directory"

I am working with CentOS 6.5. Indeed the document root /var/www/html is a directory and it is a mount point of one file system (not NFS) I observed, if I unmount that file system, I could able to start httpd. Is it restricted in CentOS 6.X that the Documentroot can not be a mount point? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Error when running starting server service

Hi I have installed using tar a program called rabbitmq, and when I try to start it according to documentation, I get the following error: /usr/local/sbin/rabbitmq_server-3.6.14/sbin# ./rabbitmq-server ./rabbitmq-server: .: local: not found ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies
desproxy-dns(1) 						   User Commands						   desproxy-dns(1)

NAME
desproxy-dns - DNS for dynamic connections SYNOPSIS
desproxy-dns dns_server proxy_host proxy_port OPTIONS
None DESCRIPTION
If you have direct DNS access then you don't need to do anything else. You know you have direct DNS access if you can resolve host names to IP addresses. NOTE: as desproxy-dns listens in port 53 (which is less than 1024) you may need administrator privileges to exec desproxy-dns (in fact if you are running UN*X, you actually have to run desproxy-dns as root). OK, so you have a dns server accessible now. But your computer doesn't know anything about that. You must configure your network accordingly (again, need to be root in UN*X). Edit /etc/resolv.conf and add the line "nameserver 127.0.0.1". You don't have to restart anything. Just test ping and see if it works. ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
None. SEE ALSO
dnsproxy(1), ping(1) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>, for the Debian GNU system (but may be used by others). Released under license GPL v2 or any later version. desproxy-dns 2012-03-26 desproxy-dns(1)