Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Detect New Disk in Red Hat
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Detect New Disk in Red Hat Post 302721591 by ikn3 on Thursday 25th of October 2012 02:47:06 PM
Old 10-25-2012
I looked at the other posts.
Will try whats mentioned there.

What I was looking for was a way to detect similar to "devfsadm" command in Solaris.
This allows you to check for any attached devices without rebooting.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

3. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

5. SuSE

ghost root disk on Red Hat Linux

I have been reading to no avail on how to create a root ghost disk. The purpose of this task is that prior to patching my linux servers, I would create a copy of my root disk to an empty disk for failback in the event that the patching has issues. I currently configured my root disk with 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gperez
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Implememting disk quota on Red Hat

Hi , what are all the files will be edited when we are\ implememting disk quota for a user. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish4linux
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Disk usage showing 100% after deleting files also | Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5

My Redhat Linux system is always showing 100& disk usage. I have removed almost all the files, but no use and I am always getting 100% disk usage.!! Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/hda2 36337384 36066352 0 100% / I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
RHNPLUGIN(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNPLUGIN(8)

NAME
rhnplugin - Spacewalk/Red Hat Satellite support for yum(8). DESCRIPTION
rhnplugin provides Spacewalk support for yum(8) via its plugin architecture. A system registered with Spacewalk will be able to update and install packages from Spacewalk. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf A file containing plugin specific configuration options. SEE ALSO
yum(8), rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnplugin.conf(5), up2date(5). AUTHORS
James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> and Peter Vetere <pvetere@redhat.com>. BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2006 November 13 RHNPLUGIN(8)