Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required output Post 302721561 by pamu on Thursday 25th of October 2012 02:13:16 PM
Old 10-25-2012
Hope I Got your requirement right.

Try.. assuming some points here

Code:
awk -F "FIBRE FA-|:| " '/FIBRE/{if($0 !~ /^1000/){s=$1;$1=$1}else{$1=s" "$1}}1' file | sort

Last edited by pamu; 10-25-2012 at 03:34 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to add the string(without sed & awk) into the middle of file

Hi, I have tried many times to add the string into the first line of the file or the middle of the file but could not find the solution. I first tried by $echo "paki" >> file This code only append paki string at the end of file "file" but how can i add this "paki" into the first line or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali hussain
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK file read & manipulation

I have large number of data files, close to 300 files, lets say all files are same kind and have extension .dat , each file have mulitple lines in it. There is a unique line in each file containing string 'SERVER'. Right after this line there is another line which contain a string 'DIGIT=0',... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sal_tx
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk & sed query for output

Hello, I have a file. its content are like below. mdn:87439842 imsi:23082038203 Ctime:12082010 01:20:10 mdn:9324783783 imsi:402349823322 Ctime: 12072010 01:20:10 mdn:87439842 imsi:23082038203 Ctime: 23072010 01:20:10 mdn:87439842 imsi:23082038203 Ctime:18072010 01:20:10 mdn:87439842... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanket11
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort a the file & refine data column & row format

cat file1.txt field1 "user1": field2:"data-cde" field3:"data-pqr" field4:"data-mno" field1 "user1": field2:"data-dcb" field3:"data-mxz" field4:"data-zul" field1 "user2": field2:"data-cqz" field3:"data-xoq" field4:"data-pos" Now i need to have the date like below. i have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using awk or sed need the output in the new file

Please find the input file as given below: 2012/02/29 11:00:00~~CRITICAL~For customer 00000476 no daily files were found in the 010137933 account directory. 2012/02/29 11:00:00~~CRITICAL~For customer 05006802 no daily files were found in the 010115166 account directory. 2012/02/29... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_sagar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help: Match data fields from 2 files & output results from both into 1 file

I need to take 2 input files and create 1 output based on matches from each file. I am looking to match field #1 in both files (Userid) and create an output file that will be a combination of fields from both file1 and file2 if there are any differences in the fields 2,3,4,5,or 6. Below is an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing FQDN by hostnames in a CSV file with sed & awk

Hello, Beginning with shell scipting, I'm trying to find in a csv file, the lines where the field related to hostname is displayed as an FQDN intead the hostname. (some lines are correct) and the to correct that inside the file: Novell,11.0,UNIX Server,bscpsiws02,TxffnX1tX1HiDoyBerrzWA==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wonto
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Move & Sort by Name - Kick out Bad File Names & More

I have a dilemma, we have users who are copying files to "directory 1." These images have file names which include the year it was taken. I need to put together a script to do the following: Examine the file naming convention, ensuring it's the proper format (e.g. test-1983_filename-123.tif)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)