Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: How to check if there is something being piped in Post 302721271 by elixir_sinari on Thursday 25th of October 2012 09:32:03 AM
Old 10-25-2012
Hey, I am learning this magical beast, too.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check URL using PERL

I am trying to create a perl script that will make sure a web page can be accessed going through an Apache httpd. The actual content of the web page does not matter. Most likely the web page will just have "You have successfully reached this port." This script will eventually be running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehoboth
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if perl is installed?

Hi, i'm designing a unix script and i want to know if there is a shell command or a way to see if perl is installed in the system. thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl... how to tell if a piped command is still running?

I'm using the fabulous perl. I need a way to tell when a piped call to "open" has completed. Can I do this with a command like <ShellPipe> ?? Reason behind this: I'm trying to write a backup script in perl! This script will download a certain file from my web server, to my computer. Now,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boytheo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

number check in perl

Hi,, this is returning true in all cases..( other than 10 dig number also) what could be wrong?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please check perl script

#!/usr/local/bin/perl #$path = perl; #use File::stat; use Time::localtime; sub ExampleFiles{ $today = time; $today -= $today % 86400; $return_value = 0; $mtime = (stat("$_")) || die "cannot stat file $!"; $size = (stat("$_")); # size in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ellechim
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl- check the port used

hi everybody; my code is cheking if a port is an actif or not with the cmd netstat -ln,I want first to enter the number of the port which I want to check it but I think that the value of $con in the second "if" is always "0" so the code give me always that the port is not used!!! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bassma
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble executing piped shell commands in perl code

I am trying to execute a piped combination of shell commands inside a perl program. However, it is not working as desired. This is my program, i am trying to print only filenames from the output of ls -l $ cat list_test #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; my $count=0; my @list=`ls -l|awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't Output Piped Perl In-line command to a File

Hello, I'm pretty stumped, and I don't know why I am not able to redirect the output to the 'graphme' file with the command below in Fedora 18. tcpdump -l -n -t "tcp == 18" | perl -ane '($s,$j)=split(/,/,$F,2); print "$s\n";' > graphme In case you're wondering, I was following the example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
2 Replies

10. Programming

Perl: restrict perl from automaticaly creating a hash branches on check

My issue is that the perl script (as I have done it so far) created empty branches when I try to check some branches on existence. I am using multydimentional hashes: found it as the best way for information that I need to handle. Saing multidimentional I means hash of hashes ... So, I have ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
BEAST(1)							BEAST Manual Pages							  BEAST(1)

NAME
beast - Music composition and modular synthesis application. SYNOPSIS
beast [OPTIONS] [FILES...] DESCRIPTION
beast is the BEtter Audio SysTem. It is a music composition and modular synthesis application released as free software under the GNU GPL and GNU LGPL. beast comes with various synthesis modules which can be arranged in networks for modular synthesis. It is capable of monophonic and poly- phonic voice processing, provides MIDI sequencer functionality and supports external sequencer sources. A huge set of extra modules is available through the support for LADSPA (Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plugin API) plugins. beast's underlying sound engine BSE also comes with a scheme scripting extension which allows for advanced non-interactive processing via bsescm(1) and creation of additional GUI functionality for beast. OPTIONS
beast follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes ('-'). --skinrc FILENAME Read skin resources from FILENAME. --print-dir RESOURCE Print the directory for a specific resource (e.g. 'plugins' or 'images'). Giving just --print-dir without an extra argument causes beast to print the list of available resources. --merge Causes the following files to be merged into the previous or first project. --devel Enrich the GUI with hints useful for (script) developers -h, --help Shows a brief help message. -v, --version Prints out beast and component versions and file paths. -n NICELEVEL Execute with priority NICELEVEL, this option only takes effect for the root suid wrapper 'beast'. -N Disables renicing to execute with existing priority. --display DISPLAY X server display for the GUI; see X(7). --bse-latency USECONDS Set the allowed synthesis latency for BSE in milliseconds. --bse-mixing-freq FREQUENCY Set the desired synthesis mixing frequency in Hz. --bse-control-freq FREQUENCY Set the desired control frequency in Hz, this should be much smaller than the synthesis mixing frequency to reduce CPU load. The default value of approximately 1000 Hz is usually a good choice. --bse-pcm-driver DRIVER-CONF -p DRIVER-CONF This options results in an attempt to open the PCM driver DRIVER-CONF when playback is started. Multiple options may be supplied to try a variety of drivers and unless DRIVER-CONF is specified as 'auto', only the drivers listed by options are used. Each DRIVER-CONF consists of a driver name and an optional comma seperated list of arguments attached to the driver withan equal sign, e.g.: -p oss=/dev/dsp2,rw -p auto --bse-midi-driver DRIVER-CONF -m DRIVER-CONF This option is similar to the --bse-pcm-driver option, but applies to MIDI drivers and devices. It also may be specified multiple times and features an 'auto' driver. --bse-driver-list Produce a list of all available PCM and MIDI drivers and available devices. -- Stop argument processing, interpret all remaining arguments as file names. Development Options: --debug KEYS Enable certain verbosity stages. --debug-list List possible debug keys. -:[flags] This option enables or disables various debugging specific flags for beast core developers. Use of -: is not recommended, because the supported flags may change between versions and cause possibly harmful misbehaviour. Gtk+ Options: --gtk-debug FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to enable. --gtk-no-debug FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to disable. --gtk-module MODULE Load additional Gtk+ modules. --gdk-debug FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to enable. --gdk-no-debug FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to disable. --g-fatal-warnings Make warnings fatal (abort). --sync Do all X calls synchronously. SEE ALSO
bsescm(1), bse(5), sfidl(1), BEAST/BSE Website (http://beast.testbit.eu) beast-0.7.3 2011-04-08 02:30:18 +0200 BEAST(1)