Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell, read table and write the value for each factor to output Post 302721261 by elixir_sinari on Thursday 25th of October 2012 09:27:34 AM
Old 10-25-2012
Made some changes to my earlier post. Check now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Add Table with Header for Shell Output

I have a Script that generates 3 columns of the result. The line script is /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F' ' '{print $1 /t $2}' File_Name | awk -F'>' '{print $2}' | cut -d'<' -f1 | sort -rn | uniq -c The output of the Command is : Code.500 4 Input Error Code.404 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read parameter file in a shell script to unload a DB2 Table???

Hi , I Have following requirement: DB2 Sql query to pass from a parameter file for example, I would create a parameter file with (SELECT column 1, column 2 FROM Table name) then job would read it and create a file with the contents named table.txt How to write/modify below ksh script to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
10 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Write a shell script for SQL loader to load data into a staging table

Hi, I'm new to Linux. I'm working on a database, and need to load data in a database table (which I already created) using shell script. The table has two columns - Acct_number (not nullable) and date (timestamp). I'm not able to write a shell script for that. Can any one help me? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisudeep
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - read from a file and write conditional output

I have a file, which has '|' as separator; I need to read each line from that file and produce output to another file. While reading, I have certain condition on few specific columns (like column3 ='good'); only those lines will be processed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want query output to send on mail using table tag and output should be in table

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
21 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I use grep to grab prime number output from my factor program?

I have a factor program that runs and outputs to stdout all the prime numbers that are specified in the given paramters, in this case 30000000-31000000. Command: factor/factor 30000000-31000000 Sample output: 30999979 = 30999979 30999980 = 2^2 5 11 140909 30999981 = 3 10333327... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input write multply output with creteria

Hi All Please Help Read input write multply output with creteria Exemple i have file abc 111 444 abc 111 444 def 111 444 def111 444 bbb 111 444 bbb 111 444 i would need write 3 files pos 1-3 is the Criteria output would be file1 contains abc file2 def file3 bbb ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyk334
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell output format like table

Hi, OS: Redhat 7.5 shell: Bash Wrote below script to login into oracle via shell script and trying to reset locked account..It works as expected. But I need specific output << EOF should go to target terminal not all out put running below script from ansible command line.. #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to read hive table and send email

HI Team, I am working on reading hive table and send email in email body using shell script, can you please help on fixing the errors: I have 6 columns in my hive table and trying to send the email in the mail body. below script: #!/bin/bash hive -e 'SELECT count(*) from db.table' >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
4 Replies
VM(1)								      mgetty								     VM(1)

NAME
vm - VoiceModem is the program for handling the voice modem functionality from shell scripts ACTIONS
beep options [<frequency [<length in 0.001sec>]]> diagnostics options device name (e.g. ttyS2 dial options phone number help play options [<file names]+> record options file name shell options [<shell script [shell options]]> wait options [<time in seconds]> devicetest OPTIONS
-c n use compression type n -d n set i/o device -t, -m, -i, -e, -s, -H equals to -d <2,3,4,5,6,7> -l s set device string (e.g. -l ttyS2:ttyC0) -v verbose output -w use off / on hook signal from local handset to start and stop recording -x n set debug level -L n set maximum recording length in sec -P print first DTMF tone on stdout and exit -R read and print DTMF string on stdout and exit -S s set default shell for shell scripts (e.g. -S /bin/sh) -T n set silence timeout in 0.1sec -V n set silence threshold to <n> (0-100%%) SEE ALSO
vgetty(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 30: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 32: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 71: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.1 2010-04-04 VM(1)