Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rexec not working properly
Operating Systems Linux rexec not working properly Post 302721231 by bakunin on Thursday 25th of October 2012 09:13:44 AM
Old 10-25-2012
I can't say for Fedora but on AIX you also need the portmapper service enabled. Might that be the case here too?

Further, according to this there might be proper name resolution necessary. Is that the case?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard not working properly...

Hello Again, Those that have noticed my earlier posts will know that I have succesfully installed Solaris 8 onto my pc. I haven't been able to get x-server working (i think it doesn't like my video card) though I've been able to log into root (with a bit of help from unix forums :o ) and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timresh
2 Replies

2. Programming

y is this not working properly?

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <unistd.h> struct stat s; main() { char c; if (fork()==0) { system("clear"); do { printf("myAI\\>§ "); scanf("%s",c); if(stat(c,&s)>-1) {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet is not working properly

telnet at my system is behaving stange. Some times I am able to telnet to other machines but sometimes it stop doing that. Then i have to reboot the machine and most of the time (not 100%) it works. SImilar is the case with SSH. Sometime it works , some time it don't. i am new to Unix and I do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepak_pathania
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Cron - Not working properly

Hi, I do have three scripts. Whcih inserts records into a table using sqlldr, creating some reprot files etc. The first script will call the second and then the second will call the third. When I run my first script from the shell prompt, all my operation are completed successfully. If I do... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
23 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n not working properly

Hi all, I'm trying to generate a series of txt files starting from a plain csv file part of my code: #!/bin/ksh INSTALLDIR=/Users/ME/Installdir CSV=CSV.csv TMP=/tmp/$(basename $0).txt tr -s "\r" "\n" < /$INSTALLDIR/$CSV > $TMP function Makefiles { printf '%24s:%30s\n' "sometext"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jive Spector
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail is not working properly

Hi All, Can any one help me to solve the issue. The Issue is, i have started the sendmail service on my RHEL 4 update 6 box, I am able to send the mail from my box to almost all of the Email Id's except few. Exampe, test mail. . Output is :the message is sent. now if I send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

sudo is not working properly

This is the first time for using sudo for me. # visudo ## Allows people in group admin to run all commands %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL # groupadd admin # useradd temp # usermod -a -G admin temp # id temp uid=506(temp) gid=506(temp) groups=506(temp),507(admin) # #sudo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

~c is not working properly with -r option

Hi There, --------- file1 ------- ~c asd@ac.com -------------- Now i am using below command cat file1|mailx -s " testing" -r " My Name" abc@tech.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapan Sharma
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is sort not working properly here ?

Platform: RHEL 5.4 In the below text file I have strings like following. $ cat /tmp/mytextfile.txt DISK1 DISK10 DISK101 DISK102 DISK103 DISK104 DISK105 DISK106 DISK107 DISK108 DISK109 DISK110 DISK111 DISK112 DISK113 DISK114 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join not working properly

I want to join two files , with file 1 col 3 and file 2 col 1 as key. The join command is erratic for some reason. File 2 is a master file having all the names, and file 1 has some values. I want to add the names from fil2 in file 1. If I use the original master file, some output is missing. ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
16 Replies
URLENCODE(1)							  GridSite Manual						      URLENCODE(1)

NAME
urlencode - convert strings to or from URL-encoded form SYNOPSIS
urlencode [-m|-d] string [string ...] DESCRIPTION
urlencode encodes strings according to RFC 1738. That is, characters A-Z a-z 0-9 . _ and - are passed through unmodified, but all other characters are represented as %HH, where HH is their two-digit upper-case hexadecimal ASCII representation. For example, the URL http://www.gridpp.ac.uk/ becomes http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gridpp.ac.uk%2F urlencode converts each character in all the strings given on the command line. If multiple strings are given, they are concatenated with separating spaces before conversion. OPTIONS
-m Instead of full conversion, do GridSite "mild URL encoding" in which A-Z a-z 0-9 . = - _ @ and / are passed through unmodified. This results in slightly more human-readable strings but the application must be prepared to create or simulate the directories implied by any slashes. -d Do URL-decoding rather than encoding, according to RFC 1738. %HH and %hh strings are converted and other characters are passed through unmodified, with the exception that + is converted to space. EXIT CODES
0 is always returned. AUTHOR
Andrew McNab <Andrew.McNab@manchester.ac.uk> urlencode is part of GridSite: http://www.gridsite.org/ urlencode November 2003 URLENCODE(1)