Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions [solved]Perl: Printing line numbers to matched strings and hashes. Post 302721203 by bakunin on Thursday 25th of October 2012 08:52:21 AM
Old 10-25-2012
You read in the lines, one after the other, in "$tempL", right? Now, if you have a counter which increases every time you start work on a new line, it would contain the line number, yes?

You only need to store this number every time you increase the counter in these lines:

Code:
$occurCount{$cleanWords[$i]}++;

and

Code:
$occurCount{$cleanWords[$i]} = 1;

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing line numbers

Maybe this question is out there, but I searched and didnt see it. To print my files I use more filename | lpr -Pprinter I would like to print my scripts with line numbers. How do I do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing an empty line in a file (perl)

I know this must be really easy, but i can't get it to work I've got a perl script, with a file. I want to print an empty line, and the following doesn't seem to work: print nameoffile "\n" thanks for your help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hashes help in Perl

Hi, I am stuck at this problem where part of my code would store all the websites that has been accessed by a user. I pull these values from a log file. I want to create a HASH of HASHES ? (Please correct me if this is not the right approach) where I would store all the hits to website with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - printing a hash of hashes to screen

Hi there I have a hash of hashes made up of the following data bge0|100|half|10.36.100.21 bge1|1000|full|10.36.100.22 bge2|1000|full|10.36.100.23 which when i turn into a hash, would look like this inside the system bge0 -> nic_speed -> 100 nic_duplex -> half ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in Perl Script for printing next line

I got multiple of documents in which i have to extract a line coming after a ID..The scenario is Customer ID: none VT : 002/89 Customer ID: Yes VT: 001/89 Customer ID: none VT: 006/85 Customer ID: Yes VT: 003/56 I have to extract the id which is coming after YES..The output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the matched numbers between 2 text file using perl program??

hi dudes, I nee you kind assistance, I have to find the matched numbers from 2 text files and output of matched numbers should be in another text file.. I do have text files like this , for example File 1 787 665*5-p 5454 545-p 445-p 5454*-p File 2 5455 787 445-p 4356 2445 144 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshraj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Lex: analyzing a C file and printing out identifiers and line numbers they're found on

Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL USA, Dr. Whalley, COP4342 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a lex specification file that reads a C source program that ignores keywords and collects all identifiers (regular variable names) and also displays the line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: D2K
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a multi-line strings or numbers

Hi I have no experience in Unix so any help would be appreciated I have the flowing text 235543 123 45654 199 225 578 45654 199 225 I need to find this sequence from A file 45654 199 225 (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
22 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed , awk script for printing matched line before regular expression

hi All , I am having a large file with lots of modules as shown below ############################################### module KKK kksd kskks jsn;lsm jsnlsn; Ring jjsjsj kskmsm jjs endmodule module llll 1kksd11 k232skks j33sn;l55sm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)