Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed optimized for replace substring Post 302721159 by bmk on Thursday 25th of October 2012 08:09:07 AM
Old 10-25-2012
Try like...

Code:
awk '/^IR70139/' test.txt|sed 's/INT/SFD/g;s/TOS/SFD/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed extract substring on (OS X)

On OS 10.4.11 I have filenames like: 670711 SA T2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670520 AM T1 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670716 - 2 SA T4 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670713 SA T3 v1-1_DS_EF.doc 670421 PA DYP1 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670425 PA DYP2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670107 RA T3 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670521 AM T2 v1-2_DS_EF.doc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlommel
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to get a substring

Hi, I have looked all over for this. I am attempting to get a the substring of a string using sed since it seemed the best solution for this. For example my string is: "zzz foo to you and bar123 or foo" I would like to extract the text between "and" and "or" (it could be anything, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CentaurAtlas
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring using sed or awk

I am trying to get a substring from a string stored in a variable. I tried sed with a bit help from this forum, but not successful. Here is my problem. My string is: "REPLYFILE=myfile.txt" And I need: myfile.txt (everything after the = symbol). My string is: "myfile.txt.gz.20091120.enc... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamjam10k
5 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Replace a substring

Hi, I have a very simple problem but I am new to scripting and I cannot find a way around it. I am using KSH. I have a date say 001200AM But i want to replace the first 00 to 12 so that the format will now be: 121200AM Can anyone help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3vilwyatt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed and SubString

Hi Folks, I am here with a simple doubt. I am having a flat file in which I want to replace the characters from say 5 to 15 as some text. Flat file contains a single line. For example 01MRRAJESH21000RAJESH INDUSTRIES In the above line pos 16-21 is Rajesh, I want to search for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making substring with sed

Input: You can easily do this by highlighting your code. How can i get the substring from index 9 to 12 using sed? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced AWK Regexp substring to int & Replace

Hi! I have a difficult problem, to step up a unknown version number in a text file, and save the file. It would be great to run script.sh and the version gets increased. Example the content of the textfile.txt hello version = x bye This include three steps 1. First find the char after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beachboy72
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring Problem with sed . . .

Greetings. I'm looking to isolate the first occurrence of an arbitrary substring which may be present at any particular line in a given file. The enclosing end markers for the target in our thought problem are string" and ". The complete string and surrounding text could look something like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace substring from a string variable

Hi, Wish to remove "DR-" from the string variable (var). var="DR-SERVER1" var=`echo $var | sed -e 's/DR-//g'` echo "$var" Expected Output: However, I get the below error: Can you please suggest. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace substring by longest string in common field (awk)

Hi, Let's say I have a pipe-separated input like so: name_10|A|BCCC|cat_1 name_11|B|DE|cat_2 name_10|A|BC|cat_3 name_11|B|DEEEEEE|cat_4 Using awk, for records with common field 2, I am trying to replace all the shortest substrings by the longest string in field 3. In order to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)