Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sum of column matching pattern/string Post 302720793 by msabhi on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 03:58:24 PM
Old 10-24-2012
Hope this helps...
Code:
awk -F "|" '{array[$1]+=$2} END { for (i in array) {print i"|" array[i]"|"d}}' "d=$(date)" input_file

This User Gave Thanks to msabhi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script, pattern matching + sum

Hi guys, i have been struggling to achieve the following and therefor looking for some help. I am trying to write something that will summerize the following output from my switches for daily totals. Basicly if $1 $2 $3 doesnt change, we can keep adding up $4. Probably would use a awk print end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wratholix
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string matching a pattern from a line

Hi All, I am pretty new to pattern matching and extraction using shell scripting. Could anyone please help me in extracting the word matching a pattern from a line in bash. Input Sample (can vary between any of the 3 samples below): 1) Adaptec SCSI RAID 5445 2) Adaptec SCSI 5445S RAID 3)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jharish
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern matching problem -not recognizing a column

Hi all, I am new to awk. I want to print the line numbers if the column has a particular value. For example I have: cat FILE1 COL1 COL2 X114 0 X116 0 X117 0 X120 0 X121 0 X125 0 X126 0 X127 0 X131 1 X132 0 X135 0 X136 0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpro
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get matching string pattern from a file

Hi, file -> temp.txt cat temp.txt /home/pradeep/123/a_asp.html /home/pradeep/123/a_asp1.html /home/pradeep/435/a_asp2.html /home/pradeep/arun/abc/a_dfr.html /home/pradeep/arun/123/a_kir.html /home/pradeep/123/arun/a_dir.html .... .... .. i need to get a_*.html(bolded strings... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching string after matching pattern from last

I have a file a file having entries are like @ram@sham@sita @krishan@kumar @deep@kumar@hello@sham in this file all line are having different no of pattern-@. need to fetch the substring after the last pattern. like sita kumar sham thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting sub-string matching the pattern.

Hi, I have a string looks like the following: USERS 32767.9844 UNDOTBS1 32767.9844 SYSAUX 32767.9844 SYSTEM 32767.9844 EMS 8192 EMS 8192 EMS_INDEXES 4096 EMS_INDEXES 4096 8 rows selected. How do I extract a sub-string to get the expected output as following: EMS 8192 EMS_INDEXES 4096 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetBear
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking the sum of a column when specific pattern is found

Hi Am trying to sum up a file # cat /Out maths 2 0.0 english 2091 0.2 history -1 0.0 physics 18 0.0 -------------------------------------- maths ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP - Regex for matching string containing pattern but without pattern itself

The sample file: dept1: user1,user2,user3 dept2: user4,user5,user6 dept3: user7,user8,user9 I want to match by '/^dept2.*/' but don't want to have substring 'dept2:' in output. How to compose such regex? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String pattern matching and position

I am not an expert with linux, but following various posts on this forum, I have been trying to write a script to match pattern of charters occurring together in a file. My file has approximately 200 million characters (upper and lower case), with about 50 characters per line. I have merged all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biowizz
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum column values matching other field

this is part of a KT i am going thru. i am writing a script in bash shell, linux where i have 2 columns where 1st signifies the nth hour like 00, 01, 02...23 and 2nd the file size. sample data attached. Desired output is 3 columns which will give the nth hour, number of entries in nth hour and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_1
3 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)