Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using ".." to change directories in a ksh script Post 302720705 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 02:10:16 PM
Old 10-24-2012
since running on current working directory try:
Code:
rbase=../../../lib/$test/profiles

or try setting:
Code:
rbase=${PWD%/*/*/*}/lib/$test/profiles

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script as a login shell return "no controlling terminal"

I have created a ksh shell script and used it as a login shell for a user. </etc/passwd> lramirev:x:111:200:Luis:/export/home/menush:/usr/local/menush/menush My shell script is like this: </usr/local/menush/menush> #!/bin/ksh # if ] then . $HOME/.profile fi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramirev
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

script running with "ksh" dumping core but not with "sh"

Hi, I have small script written in korn shell. When it is called from different script, its dumping core, but no core dump when we run it standalone. And its not dumping core if we run the script using "/bin/sh" instead of "ksh" Can some body please help me how to resolve this issue. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: simhe02
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script function, how to "EXIT 2" without killing the current process?

Hi, Using AIX 5.3 and Ksh. />ls -al /usr/bin/ksh -r-xr-xr-x 5 bin bin 237420 Apr 10 2007 /usr/bin/ksh /> I recently started working for a new employer. I have written UNIX K-Shell scripts for many years and have never had this particular issue before. Its perplexing me. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh-script "arithmetic syntax error" comparing strings

Hi all, I´ve already searched the forum but can´t find what i am doing wrong. I am trying to compare two variables using ksh under red hat. The error I get is: -ksh: .: MDA=`md5sum /tmp/ftp_dir_after_transfer | cut -d' ' -f1 ` MDB=`md5sum /tmp/ftp_dir_before_transfer | cut -d' ' -f1 `... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_mike
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to change the file with "sed" and "awk"

Hi experts I want your help to change the file format to my wanted version, please give me a hand thanks $cat file install pass make os pass make build kernel failed usb storage pass chane to | *install* | *make os* | *make build kernel* | *usb storage* | | pass | pass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk,sed : change every 2nd field ":" to "|"

Hi Experts, I have a string with colon delimited, want 2nd colon to be changed to a pipe. data: 101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3: I am trying with sed, but can change only 1 occurance: echo "101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3:" | sed 's/:/|/2'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix this "Input is not UTF-8" while executing ksh script?

Hi, I have an automated script which have set of sqls but when i am trying to execute the automated script by using nohup command, it is throwing an error like "Input is not UTF-8" . And when i digged in to it, i am getting some "Â" character in the shell script. How to avoid this!? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)