Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Successful user login, yet system claims invalid info Post 302720539 by Mike Brendan on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 11:14:52 AM
Old 10-24-2012
Bakunin,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the usernames are set to a standardized format, so length is not an issue. Also, we don't see this issue on our 6.1.5 servers, just the servers at 6100-07-04-1216.

My colleagues think it's an issue with a PAM module working with ssh. We thought we had a fix but it may not have taken (don't have details on the fix at this time). It's not breaking anything but seeing a false message like that is... well... Smilie

Mike

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

invalid login attempts...

I am wondering if solaris captures id's associated w/invalid login attempts? when I try to login as "test1" several (3-5) times, I do not find any userID info under "/var/adm" files: utmpx wtmpx messages lastlog Is there another location/log I should be checking? Is it necessary for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
6 Replies

2. AIX

AIX; Auto clearing of 'too many invalid login attempts by user'

Does anyone have a good script / cron job that handles this? I have looked in smit and see it is clearing this count with: chsec -f /etc/security/lastlog -a "unsuccessful_login_count=0" -s '{userid}' However when I looked around to find ways to automate this I have not found an easy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check the last login user were doing in the system

Hi, I'm new to solaris/ Unix and would like to know how to check in the system what was the last login user were doing. Is there any way to check this? Thanks in advanced. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raziayub
1 Replies

4. AIX

Invalid login attempts

How can I see the number of invalid login attempts of a user? Thanks, (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection closing immediatly after successful login

When ssh'ing into certain Unix boxes I'm seeing two errors that appear immediately after entering the password I've never seen. After the error message is displayed the connection closes immediately. The first is “/bin/ksh: Not owner” after which the connection is closed. And, “Read from remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to view only successful login?

Hi all, I have to view only success full login attempts . View who are all logged in correctly , and where it can be stored? Thanks in advance Gnanavel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gnanavel
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Eeprom security-mode=command cause invalid login

Hi there, In Solaris 8. I have accidentally set the eeprom security-mode=command because I followed the CIS benchmark guideline. Initally, it was eeprom security-mode=none. I have tried to login with the correct password numerous time and it still say permission denied. I have tried to login... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enforce user to Enter text when login to a UNIX / Linux system?

Hi. I inject my tracklogin.sh script in the profile of each user. $ more .profile ./tracklogin.sh # This is the default standard profile provided to a user. MAIL=/usr/mail/${LOGNAME:?} bash-3.2$ more tracklogin.sh #!/bin/bash tdate=$(date +"%d%m%y") mkdir -p /tmp/root_log... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
20 Replies
libgnome-keyring(3)						C Library Functions					       libgnome-keyring(3)

NAME
libgnome-keyring - gnome keyring library. DESCRIPTION
GNOME Keyring is a system to store passwords and other sensitive data in a standardized way across all GNOME applications. A keyring stores a collection of encrypted passwords and encrypted information about those passwords. A user can have multiple keyrings, each for a different use, but there is a default one, called 'login'. There is also a special 'session' keyring which is not stored on disk and goes away when you log out. When a user logs into GNOME, the keyrings are locked and a master keyring password has to be provided in order to unlock each of them. GNOME Keyring includes an SSH agent which integrates with the gnome-keyring and user login for its passwords. It can also use the main X.509 private key store. GNOME Keyring will set the SSH_AUTH_SOCK environment variable when it starts up. The id_rsa and id_dsa files in ~/.ssh are automatically usable through the SSH agent without first 'loading' them. Other X.509 private keys marked with the 'ssh-authentication' purpose are also usable. Additional SSH keys can be manually loaded and managed via the ssh-add command. If you use another SSH agent(such as the ssh-agent included with OpenSSH), you may want to disable the SSH agent in GNOME Keyring to pre- vent ssh from using it instead of your prefered SSH agent. You can set /apps/gnome-keyring/daemon-components/ssh gconf key to false. This prevents the SSH component of gnome-keyring from starting up when the user logs in. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-keyring-daemon(1), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5) http://library.gnome.org/devel/gnome-keyring/stable/ NOTES
Written by Jeff Cai, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 31 Jul 2008 libgnome-keyring(3)