Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server and Software upgrade
Operating Systems Solaris Server and Software upgrade Post 302720451 by sundba on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 07:32:19 AM
Old 10-24-2012
Question Server and Software upgrade

Hi Experts,

we are planning to upgrade the End of life servers to new servers and from solaris 8/9 to 11. Server loads are minimum and not heavily loaded. After analysis we came to conclusion
to use the below. Can experts out there please let me know whether it make sense or any way we can reduce the cost by using other servers ? suggestions welcome and Thanks for your time

current estimated costs comes to huge amount in several thousands pounds.

Existing Server New Device Purpose Server Type
SF280R/1x900+/1GB/1x36/DVD/OS Sun Fire X4170 Web Server Physical server
E220R 450MHz 1GB 2-36GB 1PS Sun Fire X4170 Jump Server(used as base to go to other server) Physical server
E220R 450MHz 1GB 2-36GB 1PS Sun Fire X4170 Jump Server(used as base to go to other server) Physical server
EOL Netra t1 AC 360Mz 512M/
SF280R/1x900+/1GB/1x36/DVD/OS Netra SPARC T4-1 server Squid Proxy / DNS Bind Server / Iplanet Virtualised server
Sun Fire V120 650Mz 1GB 2x36G /
SUNFIRE V100 Netra SPARC T4-1 server DNS Bind / NTP Server Virtualised server

Many Thanks in Advance,
sundba

Last edited by sundba; 10-24-2012 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: format was not good

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

server harddisk upgrade

hi friends, one of my clnts wants his Hard drive to be ugrded . He is currently using SCO unix 5.04 on a 4.3 Gig SCSI drive. He wants me to upgrd it to 18 Gigs . All he wants is that the data / programs / userfiles shall be intact. he has 3 user slices /user1, /user2 , /user3 presently... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: /etc/passwd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Upgrade Expert

Hi, I need to employ someone who can manage a large UNIX/NT server upgrade, someone who can do technology refreshes and the like. I am not technical so I need help writing the spec- what experience should I be looking for? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Normanbates
0 Replies

3. AIX

mq upgrade from version 6 to 7 in aix server

Hi What are the steps to be followed when upgrading MQ version from 6 to 7 in aix server? cbsdbprd01 # oslevel -s 5300-10-01-0921 cbsdbprd01 # lslpp -l | grep -i mq mqm.base.runtime 6.0.2.1 COMMITTED WebSphere MQ Runtime for mqm.base.samples 6.0.2.1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
0 Replies
Mojo::Server(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Mojo::Server(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Server - HTTP server base class SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Base 'Mojo::Server'; sub run { my $self = shift; # Get a transaction my $tx = $self->build_tx; # Emit "request" event $self->emit(request => $tx); } DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Server is an abstract HTTP server base class. EVENTS
Mojo::Server can emit the following events. "request" $server->on(request => sub { my ($server, $tx) = @_; ... }); Emitted when a request is ready and needs to be handled. $server->unsubscribe('request'); $server->on(request => sub { my ($server, $tx) = @_; $tx->res->code(200); $tx->res->headers->content_type('text/plain'); $tx->res->body('Hello World!'); $tx->resume; }); ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Server implements the following attributes. "app" my $app = $server->app; $server = $server->app(MojoSubclass->new); Application this server handles, defaults to a Mojo::HelloWorld object. "app_class" my $app_class = $server->app_class; $server = $server->app_class('MojoSubclass'); Class of the application this server handles, defaults to the value of the "MOJO_APP" environment variable or Mojo::HelloWorld. METHODS
Mojo::Server inherits all methods from Mojo::EventEmitter and implements the following new ones. "new" my $server = Mojo::Server->new; Construct a new Mojo::Server object and subscribe to "request" event with default request handling. "build_tx" my $tx = $server->build_tx; Let application build a transaction. "load_app" my $app = $server->load_app('./myapp.pl'); Load application from script. say Mojo::Server->new->load_app('./myapp.pl')->home; "run" $server->run; Run server. Meant to be overloaded in a subclass. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Server(3pm)