Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sparc Assembly
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Sparc Assembly Post 302720293 by DGPickett on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 05:17:59 PM
Old 10-23-2012
Well, segv is often failure to have null terminators where you expect them. Of course, using an address storage before you set it is pretty popular, too. Can you decipher which ld that is? Add some progress printouts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assembly vs C programming

I am currently looking into an os on developed on an x86 platformwhich contains certain assembly code written in .s files(NASM- compatible ) instead of using C I was wondering why C could not be used to do low level stuff instead? Do anyone have any idea or could enligthen me?Appreciate any help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duoshock
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix assembly help

Hey guys, well I'm extremely knew to Unix so any help advice is very appreciated. What I am trying to do is assemble a source code (Programming from the Ground Up: Chapter 3: Your First Programs) The source code named "FINDING A MAXIMUM VALUE" is the code I am trying to link and run, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac09
1 Replies

3. Programming

Need assembly code for C program

Dear Buddies, I need assembly code for a compiled c program in unix. Kindly help me.... Thanking you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik537
1 Replies

4. Programming

Assembly Language ( compile )

Can someone explain how to compile assembly language code. I made my first assembly language code, but don't know how to run it. I know i can debug with gdb, but is there any way to just compile it and get the answer like in C and java compilers. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
3 Replies

5. Programming

Help with assembly code

I want make simple assembly code for some thing like this a^6+6a^2+2a and range of a is between -3 to 3. I tried but it is not working properly. As this is my first assembly program that I am going to try, I want some help with it. I found this example online but i dont want this kind of... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Programming

Fibonacci (assembly)

When i run this with gcc filename.s -o filename. It is giving fatal error: Unknown opcode at define registers. Anyhelp will be appreciated .section ".data" prompt: .asciz "\nThis program prints the Fibonacci sequence" prompt2: .asciz "\nEnter a limit on the largest number to be displayed:"... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Programming

Why Assembly Language?

Hi guys, Assembly language is a low level language designed in 1950's, both system and application programs were written in assembly at that time. There is no question of assembly being very effecient compared to the other high level languages. But it is very cumbersome to write programs in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
9 Replies

8. Programming

Assembly 8085

Hi eneryone, Im trying to learn about assemply 8085 in order to make a project i have. First of all which emulator to use? I work in linux and I currently istalled GNUSim8085. Also, maybe somewhere I can find some simple examples? The project is about making an array saved in specific... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
8 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Can assembly language be dispensed with ?

Hi. I learned C in high school and am proficient in it:D. At the college while learning microcontrollers there was a short course on assembly language which I skipped:p but had no trouble as most of the application programming had to be done in C. Should I go back n learn assembly language as I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshianu
9 Replies

10. Programming

Understanding Assembly Code

As the title suggests, I want to better understand the following assembly code: section .text global main ; must be declared for linker (gcc) main: ; tell linker entry point mov edx, len ; message length mov ecx, msg ; message to write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)