Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking FTP server file exist or not Post 302720053 by DGPickett on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 12:21:13 PM
Old 10-23-2012
There are ftp tools more script friendly than ftp itself, like wget ftp://...
Code:
       o   The usage of FTP is as simple.  Wget will take care of login and
      password.

wget ftp://gnjilux.srk.fer.hr/welcome.msg

o   If you specify a directory, Wget will retrieve the directory list-
      ing, parse it and convert it to HTML.  Try:

wget ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/
          links index.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking the status of file ftp

Hi, I m new to unix and I need a help in FTp-ing a file. My script is given below ftp -n <<END_SCRIPT open $FTP_HOST user $FTP_USER $FTP_PASSWD lcd $TEMPFOLDER cd $FTP_LOCATION put $1 bye END_SCRIPT exit_status=$? if ; then log "successfully FTPed the file" else... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeeraNair
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp a file after checking the versions not greater then 8 in archive directory

Hi , I want to write a FTP Script which checks the No of Vesions of the files in Archive Dir and if count >= 8 Delete the oldest file from the Archive Dir and if the count is <= 8 Move the file to the Archive Dir with a CurrentDate concatenation and FTP the file to the FTP directory and send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kailash.jadhav
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether file is exist on remote server

Hi all, I am new to UNIX Scripting. I would like to know how to check whether file is exist in remote server. I have google, but cannot find any solution that works. Currently my code is like this: if ; then echo 'data file exist' else echo 'data file not exist' fi Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exist checking error

Hi all, I have following code: export USERID=user export BATCHHOSTIP=190.113.3.324 remotePath=/home/user fileName=redbook.txt EXIST=`ssh $USERID@$BATCHHOSTIP 'if ; then echo 0; else echo 1 ; fi'` echo $EXIST II run the code from other server. The redbook.txt file is exist in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suigion
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file does not exist or unreadable in an FTP script

I will appreciate any help with this... I have a file in this directory that looks like: this 07210900.SUP, I am getting the following error: Activities for Tue Jul 21 07:29:14 EDT 2009: File 07210900.SUP does not exist or unreadable End of activities The idea is to capture the file in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the size of a file after FTP

Hi I am doing a FTP process through which I am copying a file from my local server to Remote server. After this I want to check the size of the file Below is my program: LOCALDIR=/batch/ediprocess REMOTESERVER=test.appl.com REMOTEPATH=batch/ftpTest LOGIN=px PASSWORD=abcd ftp -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp upload success but no file exist on the server !!!!

hello, I'm trying to upload a file to this ftp server and others ftp://ftp.byethost12.com as you can see in the output of CURL using the -v option curl reports that the upload succeeded but when i connected to the server with file-zilla there is no file uploaded the same command upload files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laraaj
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking if multiple directories exist

I need to create multiple directories if those directories do not exist already. How would you go by doing this. What I have so far. array=(one two three) for I in ${array} do if ] then mkdir ${I} fi doneI have a good feeling this is done incorrectly. The error I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking of file exist in different folder

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance to compare if the file in working directory is found on the DIR2 directory and if not found move the file in DIR2. ex. WORKING_DIR=/home/dir1/ file1.txt DIR2=/home/admin/users file1.txt what i did was found_nonempty='' for file in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)