Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl CGI Scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl CGI Scripting Post 302720031 by rdrtx1 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 11:49:15 AM
Old 10-23-2012
Check permissions of the directory. The CGI on the server will run under a different user.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing CGI scripting using perl

Hi All, I am trying to do the following thing. I am entering name & email id & then in action i am calling a .cgi program that sends a email to the email id entered. I am facing a small problem, once i have entered the details , its printing the contents of .cgi file in browser. there is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alma
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cgi scripting help needed

hi all, i'm new to CGI scripting. I want to compute memory utilisation, so when i run free command in my cgi scipt, if memory is utlised more than 70%. i want to display in free command in html as red color free total used free shared buffers ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghur77
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI scripting Error

I am trying to execute following program #!/usr/bin/perl -wT use CGI qw(:standard); print start_html("Hello world"); and getting an error (offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input) i am a beginner so please try to explain it as much as possible. ---------- Post updated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
4 Replies

4. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web Service in Perl CGI scripting

Hi, I have a requirement to write web service in Perl CGi scripting.The web service will be called by some external programs.Any help would be appreciated.Sample hello world program will be more helpful. Thanks, Liyakath Ali. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI Perl : while loop in CGI perl

Hi Team, I am trying to connect to database(succeeded ) and print the records on the browser using while loop. But the elements of array are not displayed instead while loop is displayed directly. Instead of the below I can embed html statements in print but I am looking for the below style as I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Perl CGI

I am trying to get my MacBook Pro with 10.8 Mt Lion set up to run Perl CGI scripts. Having a problem. I can start Apache Web Server with no problems. Why do I put the static and dynamic scripts? I which directory? I have looked at this article:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
3 Replies
CHKSTAT(8)					      Tool to check and set file permissions						CHKSTAT(8)

NAME
chkstat - Tool to check and set file permissions SYNOPSIS
chkstat [--set|-set] [--noheader] [[--examine file ]...] [[--files filelist ]...] [[--root directory ]...] permission-file ... DESCRIPTION
The program /usr/bin/chkstat is a tool to check and set file permissions. Multiple permissions files can be given on the commandline. If the permission files contain multiple entries for a single file, the last entry found will be used. General Options --set, -set This option enables setting the file permissions, the default is to check and warn only. --noheader Omit printing the output header lines. --examine file Check permissions for this file and not all files listed in the permissions files. --files filelist Check permissions for the files listed in filelist and not for all files listed in the permissions files. --root directory Prefix the files given in the permissions files by this directory. EXAMPLE
The command chkstat -set /etc/permissions will parse the file /etc/permissions and set the access mode and the user- and group memberships each file listed. The format for the input file is FILEPATH OWNER:GROUP MODE and wildcards are not supported for the filepath. Lines starting with '#' and empty lines are treated as comments. COPYRIGHT
1996-2003 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2008 SUSE LINUX Products GmbH AUTHORS
Reinhold Sojer, Ruediger Oertel, Michael Schroeder Useful changes and additions by Tobias Burnus 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2008-04-17 CHKSTAT(8)