Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Looking for volunteer work
Top Forums Programming Looking for volunteer work Post 302719971 by sakurashinken on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 11:13:43 AM
Old 10-23-2012
Looking for volunteer work

I'm looking to get involved in the open source community, but I was wondering where to start. At this point, I have vim but am awk wardly wanting for a goal. Is there some place on the internet where community minded hackers gather to collect volunteers to work on projects? How would I get involved in something like that?

PS don't know where to put this post. Putting it here.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Volunteer Work When Out of a Computer Job?

I need opinion from other ! I finished high school for computer technician few months ago and now I can not find a job because I do not have any experience with servers , I know basic staff about Linux and Unix and Windows better (used three 4 years) (this is way I registered here at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

4. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
VIMTUTOR(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  VIMTUTOR(1)

NAME
vimtutor - the Vim tutor SYNOPSIS
vimtutor [-g] [language] DESCRIPTION
Vimtutor starts the Vim tutor. It copies the tutor file first, so that it can be modified without changing the original file. The Vimtutor is useful for people that want to learn their first Vim commands. The optional argument -g starts vimtutor with gvim rather than vim, if the GUI version of vim is available, or falls back to Vim if gvim is not found. The optional [language] argument is the two-letter name of a language, like "it" or "es". If the [language] argument is missing, the lan- guage of the current locale will be used. If a tutor in this language is available, it will be used. Otherwise the English version will be used. Vim is always started in Vi compatible mode. FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim80/tutor/tutor[.language] The Vimtutor text file(s). /usr/share/vim/vim80/tutor/tutor.vim The Vim script used to copy the Vimtutor text file. AUTHOR
The Vimtutor was originally written for Vi by Michael C. Pierce and Robert K. Ware, Colorado School of Mines using ideas supplied by Charles Smith, Colorado State University. E-mail: bware@mines.colorado.edu. It was modified for Vim by Bram Moolenaar. For the names of the translators see the tutor files. SEE ALSO
vim(1) 2001 April 2 VIMTUTOR(1)