Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to make change in a file Post 302719949 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 11:02:30 AM
Old 10-23-2012
As suggested in the below thread, can you show your work ?

https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...work-file.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the same change in multiple shell scripts?

I would like to make the same change in multiple shell script files and would like to know if anyone can be of some help? I would appreciate it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdakhan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make ulimit change permanent

ulimit -a gives the following output:$ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) 2097152 data(kbytes) 131072 stack(kbytes) 16384 memory(kbytes) unlimited coredump(blocks) 32768 nofiles(descriptors) 400 vmemory(kbytes) 147456 Abot output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
3 Replies

3. Programming

makeutility: how to get the make-file name inside of the make-file?

How I can get the current make-file name in a make-file So, if I run make with specified file:make -f target.mak is it possible to have the 'target' inside of the that 'target.mak' from the file name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change the destination directory of a make install

Hi there, I'm installing the sleuthkit from sources (because the debian package is crap). So I go threw the process of wget + tar + configure + make + make install. At the end, all the executables and libraries are in /usr/local/bin/, /usr/local/lib/, /usr/local/share/... How can I do to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

5. Programming

using dbx: I can't make it watch a variable change?! Help, please!

(I have mentioned about this situation and arisen problems in another thread: Is there a limit for a code line length in C?, but those questions are OffTop for that subject; so I open a new topic, here.) The main problem is that I have some situation in my program where memory has been changed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot make sudoers change work

I logged in as root and visudo'd /etc/sudoers. I found several users with the username ALL=(ALL) ALL entries and added an account after the last one. Saved the file. When the user logs in and does "sudo su -" they are prompted for their password and then told they are not in the sudoers file.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm_on_lnx
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will authconfig make permanent change or lost after reboot?

Hi, I made following configuration to create user directory: # authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update But the directory is created as permission 755, I'd like to modify the script to change directory access permission to 700, where is the script which copies /etc/skel to /home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add character to specific columns using sed or awk and make it a permanent change

Hi, I am writing a shell script where I want that # should be added in all those lines as the first character where the pattern matches. file has lot of functions defined a.sh #!/bin/bash fn a { beautiful evening sunny day } fn b { } fn c { hello world .its a beautiful day ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make change to variable value inside of awk script

Hello, I have text data that looks like this, Mrv16a3102061815532D 6 6 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 -0.4018 1.9634 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1.1163 1.5509 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1.1163 0.7259 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies
SVNPATH(1)																SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)