Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need to work in a file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to work in a file Post 302719899 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 10:27:05 AM
Old 10-23-2012
where exactly are you stuck in your implementation?
What exactly doesn't work?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does $(<file) work?

If you enter " < myfile " on shell prompt directly, nothing to output. But for ' $(< myfile) ' , the contents of myfile replace $(< myfile). That has the same effect as ' $(cat myfile) '. I never seen such usage before and dont know how $(< myfile) work. Anyone can give some explanation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hongwei
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do unix file lenghts work?

Hello, Can someone tell me how unix works out file lenghts please? If I'm ftp'ing a file from a mvs mainframe to a unix box will the file be replicated line by line? I'm looking at the file on the unix box and it's telling me the recl is almost 4000 but it's not that on the mvs side. Should a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
EFP.NES(6)							   Games Manual 							EFP.NES(6)

NAME
efp - Escape from Pong NES game SYNOPSIS
nes [options] /usr/share/nes/efp.nes | /usr/share/nes/efp-rev.nes DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the game Escape from Pong. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the origi- nal program does not have a manual page. efp is a game of pong for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) with a twist. In this version you control the ball, and your objective is to escape the board safely. You will need to fake out the paddle, fight against gravity, and avoid the (red) wall of death to survive. The two ROMs efp and efp-rev differ only in the direction of the thrust when using the arrow keys. This is so that you can use whichever way is more comfortable for you. NOTES
You will need an emulator for the NES in order to play this game. Unfortunately, I have found that it doesn't work correctly with all emu- lators. One that I have tested is FCE Ultra, so try that if your regular one doesn't work. See /usr/share/doc/efp/README.Debian for more details. SEE ALSO
fceu-sdl(1), nes(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Joe Nahmias <jello@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). February 2, 2004 EFP.NES(6)