Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem of first letter
Top Forums Programming Problem of first letter Post 302719771 by AimyThomas on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 05:53:47 AM
Old 10-23-2012
Problem of first letter

i have function to send arabic notification email to employee , but when i open the email in outlook i see that the first letter of the caption (employee name) is trimed , but when i open the same email from other workstation i see the caption is complete (working fine)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dead.letter

HI, I am pretty new to Unix...but here is 1 serious problem...atleast for me..:-) now..the dead.letter file in /var/tmp has been growin continuously..n i dont know why..I ve even killed the sendmail process..but the dead.letter file keeps on increasin..Can anyone tell me where do I start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisam
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SORT by letter

Hello again, Since I am UNIX new user I have this question: I have this file: 1 A A 1 A A 1 A A 1 B B 1 B B 1 X X 1 X X 1 C C Could anyone of you help me to sort this file like this: (I need all A and X together) 1 A A 1 A A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murbina
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is dead.letter ??

Hi all can you please help me what is dead.letter file ? when it is created ? for the first time i have seen this file getting created in my current directory? I am using SunOs. Any IDEA ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get only two letter from any string

I want get middle two latter of any string. Input: var="070108" output: var1="01" please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing first letter to CAPS

Hi, I want to convert the first letter of this word from lowecase to uppercase. Assume a letter united. I want to translate to United Please let me know a simple way to do that. Thanks. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If first letter of name is a-m do this if n-x do something else

so if I run echo $USER and the name is smithr i want to run command B to run because s is after m in the alphabet, but if the user is aldap I want command A to run because their first initial in the user name is in the first half of alphabet. how please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dead.letter issue

Hi, I have created a script that has some sql queries in it. It seem to work fine and e-mails me the output file but when i use this command 'col email format a20' it creates a dead.letter file and i never get the e-mail I am using mailx -s command to send out the e-mail. Any help would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnk
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete all words not containing letter /s/

I have a word file that looks like: pens binder spiral user I want to delete all the words without the letter /s/, so output looks like: pens spiral user I tried using sed: sed '//d' infile.txt > out.txt (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific letter in a file by other letter

Good afternoon all, I want to ask how to change some letter in my file with other letter in spesific line eg. data.txt 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 for example i want to change the 4th line with character 1. How could I do it by SED or AWK. I have tried to run this code but actually did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
3 Replies
Mail::Verify(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Mail::Verify(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Verify - Utility to verify an email address SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Verify; DESCRIPTION
"Mail::Verify" provides a function CheckAddress function for verifying email addresses. First the syntax of the email address is checked, then it verifies that there is at least one valid MX server accepting email for the domain. Using Net::DNS and IO::Socket a list of MX records (or, falling back on a hosts A record) are checked to make sure at least one SMTP server is accepting connections. ERRORS
Here are a list of return codes and what they mean: 0 The email address appears to be valid. 1 No email address was supplied. 2 There is a syntaxical error in the email address. 3 There are no DNS entries for the host in question (no MX records or A records). 4 There are no live SMTP servers accepting connections for this email address. EXAMPLES
This example shows obtaining an email address from a form field and verifying it. use CGI qw/:standard/; use Mail::Verify; my $q = new CGI; [...] my $email = $q->param("emailaddr"); my $email_ck = Mail::Verify::CheckAddress( $email ); if( $email_ck ) { print '<h1>Form input error: Invalid email address.</h1>'; } [...] perl v5.8.8 2002-06-09 Mail::Verify(3pm)