Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting WPAR monitoring shell script suggestions needed Post 302719651 by agama on Monday 22nd of October 2012 07:21:36 PM
Old 10-22-2012
Have a go with these small changes:

Code:
if !  lpar-command | awk '
/^Name/ { next; }
/^---/ { next; }
{
    state[$2] = state[$2] $1 " ";
    if( $2 == "A" )
        acount++;
    else
        others++;
}
END {
    printf( "==== WPAR Status Check =====\n" );
    printf( "==== %s ====\n", date );
    printf( "**** WPAR state Active:\n\t%s\n", state["A"] );
    printf( "\t%d WPAR state A-Active\n\n", acount );
    printf( "**** WPAR state Defined/Transition/broken:\n\t%s %s %s\n", state["D"], state["T"], state["B"] );
    printf( "\t%d WPARs are in Defined/Transition/Broken state\n", others );
    exit( others > 0 );
}
' date="$(date)"  >/tmp/mail_txt.$$
then
    mail command -s "subject" user@domain </tmp/mail.txt.$$
fi
cat /tmp/mail_txt.$$ >>/path/logfile

This User Gave Thanks to agama For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weblogic monitoring shell script

HI, I'm new in unix. I would like to know if you have a ready script for monitoring the weblogic and managed servers. I want to have a script that checks the weblogic once in a while if it's up and running. if not running, will send an email to me. any idea? please help me. i will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help/suggestions needed with wget

Hi I'm thinking of using the following command to download some music from websites I visit (designated in the mp3blogs.txt file): wget -r -l1 -H -t1 -nd -N -np -A.mp3 -erobots=off -i ~/mp3blogs.txt -P ~/Music/WGet My only question is, is there ANY way to either download files that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gMan2020
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Backing up virtual machines - opinions/suggestions needed.

Hi, I was required to do a backup of a virtual machine that runs on vmware. The guest operating system is windows, and the host is windows too. I have to backup the whole directory of the virtual machine (say in linux it'll be in /var/lib/vmware/virtual machines/) to a linux server. Initially... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opinions/Ideas/Suggestions needed

I'm currently developing a script to clean out certain directories based on age and name. Part of the assignment is to ensure that the cleaning of a directory is done under the user id of the owner (script is running as root). I have a few ideas on how to do this, but I'd like to hear your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed - log file monitoring script

hi Gurus, Need to pick your brains on this minor script project. I would like to continuously monitor a log file with sample log messages as below, and if PSOldGen percentage is either 99% or 100% for consecutively 10 times, alert someone. {Heap before gc invocations=46516: PSYoungGen ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenchen722
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Monitoring Suggestions

Hi all - newb here. We're a Windows shop and I'm looking for something that I could stand up to monitor various aspects of our servers. I'm specifically looking for something that can: verify that servers are up verify services are up verify remote sites are up/accessible monitor CPU &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phylum
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Need Suggestions to monitoring Scan Rate

Hi All, I need suggestions to monitoring Scan Rate on Solaris Operating System. Any idea? Thanks Edy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to create a UNIX Space monitoring script

Hi All, Its urgent.. pls help me out.. I want to create a KSH which should generate a report with the list of users and the files larger than 5 GB created by them in a direcorty and send autogenerated e-mail to them. my input would be users list,directory path and the file size (say 5 GB) ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anman0523
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Monitoring Script

Hi guys, I didn't understand this monitoring script request - I don't ask for the script result. If you understand the request, I'm just asking an explanation to simplify it for me. THE Script Request: Our organization keeps various files in directories structured as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Server monitoring using shell script

I want to write a shell script which is used in cron job and it runs every 4 hours to check whether tomcat servers are running or not . If servers are not running , one email should be triggered like alert notification. if servers are Running then no need to print anything. This is what i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk123
5 Replies
QwtPickerDragRectMachine(3)					 Qwt User's Guide				       QwtPickerDragRectMachine(3)

NAME
QwtPickerDragRectMachine - A state machine for rectangle selections. SYNOPSIS
#include <qwt_picker_machine.h> Inherits QwtPickerMachine. Public Types enum Command { Begin, Append, Move, End } typedef QList< Command > CommandList Public Member Functions void reset () void setState (int) int state () const virtual CommandList transition (const QwtEventPattern &, const QEvent *) Detailed Description A state machine for rectangle selections. Pressing QwtEventPattern::MouseSelect1 selects the first point, releasing it the second point. Pressing QwtEventPattern::KeySelect1 also selects the first point, a second press selects the second point and terminates the selection. See also: QwtEventPattern::MousePatternCode, QwtEventPattern::KeyPatternCode Member Enumeration Documentation enum QwtPickerMachine::Command [inherited] Commands - the output of the state machine. Member Function Documentation void QwtPickerMachine::reset () [inherited] Set the current state to 0. void QwtPickerMachine::setState (intstate) [inherited] Change the current state. int QwtPickerMachine::state () const [inherited] Return the current state. QwtPickerMachine::CommandList QwtPickerDragRectMachine::transition (const QwtEventPattern &eventPattern, const QEvent *e) [virtual] Transition. Implements QwtPickerMachine. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Qwt User's Guide from the source code. Version 5.2.2 Mon Aug 1 2011 QwtPickerDragRectMachine(3)