Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Has Oracle killed HP-UX
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Has Oracle killed HP-UX Post 302719491 by hergp on Monday 22nd of October 2012 02:05:15 PM
Old 10-22-2012
I think, Oracle is pretty good at killing Solaris too. The company I work for is moving away from Solaris to RedHat, for example. License costs are beyond comprehension, especially in a virtualized environment.

It seems, all that is of interest to Oracle is Exadata, Exadata and ... Exadata.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process not getting killed

I have a process that is in the sleeping state "S" and I have tried to stop it with a run control script that I use to stop/start it - but it does not stop. I have tried kill -9 <PID of process> with no change. I imagine that this process is sleeping with the kernel. It does not respond to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm getting killed and I don't know why.

UPDATE: I think I may have a culprit. I had KDE console history to unlimited, and since there's a lot of output... I'm thinking that may be it. I'd still like to hear advice on how to figure out why processes get killed, if anyone has any! though ****************** There's this script I run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Port used needs to be killed

Hi, We are using oracle 10g in a Solaris box. The same box has Informatica also installed. But it runs on port 6001. But whenever the server is restarted the Oracle database picks up the port 6001 and does not allow Informatica to be started. But I am have no clue of which Oracle process is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls is being killed

Hi There, Hope anyone can give me a hand on AIX oslevel -r 5300-05 Try to "ls *sh" from folder and it return killed, is there any clue on that? 1. perform ls and count ls * | wc -l 0 ksh: 561582 Killed 2. without provide "*" wildcard, the result can be return ls | wc ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkrainbow
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting 'Killed' msg

Can anyone explain? I start my unix session on AIX, run tcsh move to a particular directory, let say: cd /test/bin and next i run a command like: grep "test string" /test/bin/* to look for the string in any files in the directory. I am getting a response of Killed. Why is that... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killed by signal 15.

Hi all I have Master script, Main script ,and 4 Child script. Master.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Main.shMain.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Child1.sh & /export/home/user/Child2.sh & /export/home/user/Child3.sh & /export/home/user/Child4.sh &I run only Master.sh script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP process getting killed

Hi all, Currently I am using LDAP to store some network related data, When I run following script ./ns-slapd ldif2db Execution of above script terminates displaying "Killed" on the console. As far as I know, a process can be killed by two ways- 1. manually running " kill -9 <PID of LDAP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syncsort is getting killed

Hi All, I am running synsort utility via unix scripts. As soon as the control reaches the syncsort command,Its getting killed. The error message is /proj/cdw/syncsort/dev/copay/CdwWkRvrslFileReformat.syn: 8339696 Killed . Please suggest to overcome this issue. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantnandi
5 Replies

9. AIX

Oracle Listener gets killed when root session is closed

Hi everyone, This is a strange thing, sometimes when I type > exit from root session, i get a message > There are processes running after this message is displayed the oracle listener dies out and have to startup the listener again. but this doesn't have always. Where should I start to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)