Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart is asking interactive questions Post 302719453 by sb200 on Monday 22nd of October 2012 01:19:33 PM
Old 10-22-2012
Hi DGPickett

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to do the same

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart?

I have been asked to research Jumpstart and don't know where to begin! Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks! :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avana100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JumpStart

Hi, Which sites have general information on JumpStart for Solaris 8? I would like to know more about boot server, installation server, and configuration server.... and all other good things about JumpStart....Thanks..:p Doo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JUmpstart on a pc

HI. i was wondering if you can jumpstart using the solaris intel platform? please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
3 Replies

4. Solaris

help with jumpstart

Hello all, I configured a jumpstart server ( the server is in the same subnet as the client) and gave boot net - install in the client. The client boots up shows the banner and then displays error: cant read disk label cant open disk label package and then goes to OK prompt. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart goes to interactive mode instead of using sysidcfg

Ever since I have started using Solaris 10 images, I have had a problem I can not find a solution for. I have a Solaris 10 image that I created from a Solaris 10 DVD. The sysidcfg file has been created and set up in the bootparams file. I have no issues in Solaris 8 or 9. In Solaris 10, the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsherry
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Avoiding Solaris 10 jumpstart from failing and then becoming interactive

I found my issues were resolved via instructions, from, information, via the url: Preconfiguring With the sysidcfg File (Solaris 10 8/07 Installation Guide: Network-Based Installations) - Sun Microsystems Also, sysidcfg, rules etc, ought be in the correct place. The documents that were not bad,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris12345
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

9. Solaris

custom jumpstart on x86 with DHCP/PXE goes into interactive mode

client boots fine, it gets the ip 192.168.0.10 and the bootfile. Then there is : SunOS 5.10 Version Generic_141445-09 32-bit" ... Configuring devices. Custom JumpStart Reading ZFS config: done Setting up Java. Please wait ... NOTE: Not enough memory for graphical installation. Graphical... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
4 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies
LDBSEARCH(1)							   User Commands						      LDBSEARCH(1)

NAME
ldbsearch - Search for records in a LDB database SYNOPSIS
ldbsearch [-h] [-s base|one|sub] [-b basedn] [-i] [-H LDB-URL] [expression] [attributes] DESCRIPTION
ldbsearch searches a LDB database for records matching the specified expression (see the ldapsearch(1) manpage for a description of the expression format). For each record, the specified attributes are printed. OPTIONS
-h Show list of available options. -H <ldb-url> LDB URL to connect to. See ldb(7) for details. -s one|sub|base Search scope to use. One-level, subtree or base. -i Read search expressions from stdin. -b basedn Specify Base DN to use. ENVIRONMENT
LDB_URL LDB URL to connect to (can be overrided by using the -H command-line option.) VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
ldb(7), ldbedit(1) AUTHOR
ldb was written by Andrew Tridgell. If you wish to report a problem or make a suggestion then please see the : http://ldb.samba.org/ web site for current contact and maintainer information. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 LDBSEARCH(1)