Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris add a file output to .profile file Post 302719057 by rajeshb6 on Monday 22nd of October 2012 03:43:57 AM
Old 10-22-2012
add a file output to .profile file

hi guys,

i have created a file and i want to add that file to my .profile file. is there a way??
the file has .c extension. when i give "./a.out filename" my file which has been added to .profile has to execute.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I modify the .bashrc file instead of .profile file to customize my login?

Hello, I got this question which tells me to customize my login script. Some people in the forums suggested to modify the .profile file in my home directory. I did so, but none of my customizations show up when I open the terminal after. So, I tried to modify other files in my home directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hyunkel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append file with grep output but add timestamp?

I've setup a cron job that greps a file every five minutes and then writes (appends) the grep output/result to another file: grep "monkey" zoo.log | tail -1 >> cron-zoo-log Is there any way I can add the date and time (timestamp) to the cron-zoo-log file for each time a new line was added? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add data from 2 input files and save it in 1 output file

Hi, i have 2 input files which are file1.txt and file2.txt. I need to extract data from file1.txt and file2.txt and save it in file3.txt like example below:- File1.txt ID scrap1 Name scrap1 start 1 end 10 ID scrap2 Name scrap2 start 11 end ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with add existing file name as new data column in new output file

Input File 1 cat S1.txt MI0043 2731 miR-1 Input File 2 cat S4.txt MI006 310 CiR-1 MI057 10 CiR-24 MI750 5 CiR-24 Desired Output File 1 cat S1.txt.out MI0043 2731 miR-1 S1.txt Desired Output File 2 cat S4.txt.out MI006 310 CiR-1 S4.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add source file name to file output

OS: Linux kernel ver: 2.6x shell: Korn(ksh) hi. We are required to read contents for mutliple GZIP(.gz) files and perform some custom sanity checks downstream, example of such a check can a validation for the length of each record. We should accepts records which are 320 chars long and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add lines with symbol to output file

In the awk below which does execute I get output that is close, except for all the lines that start with a # are removed. Some lines have one others two or three and after the script adds the ID= to the fields below the pattern in the awk, I can not seem to add the # lines back to the output. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add coordinates to line of output extracted from input file

I am trying to compare/confirm the output of an script using the perl below, which does execute. However I can not seem to print $1 and $2 in each line of the input separated by a tab in each line of the output. The input file is quite large so I have only included a portion, but the format is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
CD-CREATE-PROFILE(1)													      CD-CREATE-PROFILE(1)

NAME
cd-create-profile - Color Manager Profile Creation Tool SYNOPSIS
cd-create-profile [ --verbose ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cd-create-profile command. cd-create-profile allows an administrator to create ICC profiles on thier system. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --description (optional) Sets the profile description. --copyright (optional) Sets the profile copyright. --model (optional) Sets the profile model. --manufacturer (optional) Sets the profile manufacturer. --srgb-palette Specifies a comma seporated values file that is used for the named color. The format of the CSV file must be "Color Name",0-255(red),0-255(green),0-255(blue). --output Specifies the output ICC filename. --nc-prefix (optional) Specifies the named color palette prefix. --nc-suffix (optional) Specifies the named color palette suffix. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Richard Hughes <richard@hughsie.com>. 8 April,1011 CD-CREATE-PROFILE(1)