Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Renaming by manipulating strings Post 302718897 by mc2z674gj on Sunday 21st of October 2012 11:32:00 AM
Old 10-21-2012
the directories looks like this :

Code:
aabbccdde -- ffgghh iijjkkll5566778

to
Code:
5566778 aabbccdde -- ffgghh iijjkkll

sometimes there's only one string
Code:
aab55ccddeeffgghh6677

to
Code:
6677 aab55ccddeeffgghh

thanks !

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 10-21-2012 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Manipulating two files

Hi Friends, I prefer to represent my problem with example. I have two files as below: file1.txt --------- abcd.....1234......XY abcd.....1235......XX abcd................. abcd...231236..1111YX abcd...241236..1112YY abcd...241237......YY abce.....1235......YY file2.txt ------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku11
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Manipulating File

Help...please. I have a log that contains Warning Authentication Failed: User GHDT88998HS doesn't exit: The User GHDT88998HS could not be found Mar 22, 2008 5:22:22AM com.hometel.ttm.auth.userlogin. about maybe a thousand entries failed user acct message How can I grab just the username... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rivendell500
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help!! manipulating file

Hi all, I need help manipulating the file below. Here is what I needed to do. First, I have to replace INSUPD to DELETE. Then I need to change the content of the file around by flipping the contents in the file from the bottom to the top (start from "CMD") How should I attack this? Here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirrtuan
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Renaming files with strings from xml tags

Hello! I need to rename 400+ xml files. The name of the specific file is contained in a xml tag in the file itself. The batch file should rename all these files with strings found in xml tags. Every xml file has the following tags: <footnote><para>FILENAME</para></footnote> I have to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: degoor
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a file

Hi everybody, I need an urgent help with a BASH script. I have file which contains (besides the other data) the lines with the following structure identified by with keyword PCList: <PARAMETER NAME="PCList" TYPE="LIST_STRUCTURE" MODEL="{,}" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameucho
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2

Hello guys, should be a very easy questn for you: I need to delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2. like file2: word1_word2_ word3_word5_ word3_word4_ word6_word7_ file1: word1_word2_otherwords..,word3_word5_others... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings

The question is not as simple as the title... I have a file, it looks like this <string name="string1">RZ-LED</string> <string name="string2">2.0</string> <string name="string2">Version 2.0</string> <string name="string3">BP</string> I would like to check for duplicate entries of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

8. Programming

Code imrovements on manipulating strings

I have written the code below and would be very grateful for any comments about it (how can I improve it, simplify it,...). #ifndef String_hh #define String_hh #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include "Vect2.hh" #include "Vector.hh" #include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating files

Not sure if the question posted in another forums can be moved by me.So posting the link here. https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/221425-shell-script-manipulate-files.html#post302795379 Need your help here. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vedanta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)