Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting WPAR monitoring shell script suggestions needed Post 302718869 by aix_admin_007 on Sunday 21st of October 2012 10:59:36 AM
Old 10-21-2012
WPAR monitoring shell script suggestions needed

Hi All,

This is for WPAR monitoring shell script, earlier opened thread was closed, had to open a new thread, as suggested I have used script as below, But am trying to get the output in below format, need suggestions with it. Below is the lswpar output, required output format.

Quote:
lswpar command output below:
root@wparsprd01:/#lswpar
Name State Type Hostname Directory RootVG WPAR
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
usprd02 A S usprd02 /wpars/usprd02 yes
usprd03 A S usprd03 /wpars/usprd03 yes
usprd03 B S usprd03 /wpars/usprd03 yes
usprd03 T S usprd03 /wpars/usprd03 yes
usprd03 D S usprd03 /wpars/usprd03 yes
Quote:
If All WPARs are Active, below output:

====== MMDDYYYY HH:MM ======
==== WPAR Status Check =====

**** WPAR state A-Active:
usprd02 usprd03 usprd04 usprd05 usprd06

All WPARs are in Active State

No Defined/Transition/Broken WPARs

If 2 WPARs are Active, and 3 are Defined/Transition/Broken each, below output:

====== MMDDYYYY HH:MM ======

usprd02 usprd03

2 WPARs are in Active State

**** WPAR state D-Defined/T-Transition/B-broken:
usprd04 usprd05 usprd06

3 WPARs are in Defined/Transition/Broken State

Code:
Script code:
lswpar | awk '
/^Name/ { next; }
/^---/ { next; }
{ state[$2] = state[$2] $1 " "; }
END {
printf( "==== WPAR Status Check =====\n" );
printf( "**** WPAR state Active:\n\t%s\n\n", state["A"] );
printf( "**** WPAR state Defined/Transition/broken:\n\t%s %s %s\n", state["D"], state["T"], state["B"] );
}
' | mail -s "WPAR `hostname` Server monitoring Status of Client WPARs" unix_support@xyz.com

Code:
Current Mail Output from script:
usprd02 usprd03 
**** WPAR state D-Defined/T-Transition/B-broken:
usprd04 usprd05 usprd06

Last edited by aix_admin_007; 10-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: corrected word spelling

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weblogic monitoring shell script

HI, I'm new in unix. I would like to know if you have a ready script for monitoring the weblogic and managed servers. I want to have a script that checks the weblogic once in a while if it's up and running. if not running, will send an email to me. any idea? please help me. i will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help/suggestions needed with wget

Hi I'm thinking of using the following command to download some music from websites I visit (designated in the mp3blogs.txt file): wget -r -l1 -H -t1 -nd -N -np -A.mp3 -erobots=off -i ~/mp3blogs.txt -P ~/Music/WGet My only question is, is there ANY way to either download files that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gMan2020
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Backing up virtual machines - opinions/suggestions needed.

Hi, I was required to do a backup of a virtual machine that runs on vmware. The guest operating system is windows, and the host is windows too. I have to backup the whole directory of the virtual machine (say in linux it'll be in /var/lib/vmware/virtual machines/) to a linux server. Initially... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opinions/Ideas/Suggestions needed

I'm currently developing a script to clean out certain directories based on age and name. Part of the assignment is to ensure that the cleaning of a directory is done under the user id of the owner (script is running as root). I have a few ideas on how to do this, but I'd like to hear your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed - log file monitoring script

hi Gurus, Need to pick your brains on this minor script project. I would like to continuously monitor a log file with sample log messages as below, and if PSOldGen percentage is either 99% or 100% for consecutively 10 times, alert someone. {Heap before gc invocations=46516: PSYoungGen ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenchen722
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Monitoring Suggestions

Hi all - newb here. We're a Windows shop and I'm looking for something that I could stand up to monitor various aspects of our servers. I'm specifically looking for something that can: verify that servers are up verify services are up verify remote sites are up/accessible monitor CPU &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phylum
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Need Suggestions to monitoring Scan Rate

Hi All, I need suggestions to monitoring Scan Rate on Solaris Operating System. Any idea? Thanks Edy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to create a UNIX Space monitoring script

Hi All, Its urgent.. pls help me out.. I want to create a KSH which should generate a report with the list of users and the files larger than 5 GB created by them in a direcorty and send autogenerated e-mail to them. my input would be users list,directory path and the file size (say 5 GB) ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anman0523
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Monitoring Script

Hi guys, I didn't understand this monitoring script request - I don't ask for the script result. If you understand the request, I'm just asking an explanation to simplify it for me. THE Script Request: Our organization keeps various files in directories structured as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Server monitoring using shell script

I want to write a shell script which is used in cron job and it runs every 4 hours to check whether tomcat servers are running or not . If servers are not running , one email should be triggered like alert notification. if servers are Running then no need to print anything. This is what i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk123
5 Replies