Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script - $(ls expr) return double file name with one finishing with '.' Post 302718737 by jcdole on Saturday 20th of October 2012 05:33:30 PM
Old 10-20-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamu
ok try this.. No need to use for loop also...Smilie

Code:
ls $SRCDIR/kate* | grep -v "\.$"

Great. That do the job.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in finishing 2 commands

the first one: 1. i am trying to build a command that searches a text file and outputs the number of words which consists of two 'b' characters in each word separatly like barby (the b characters must be separated from one another) i tried to use grep filepath then i know that we need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newby2
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return to HTML file from shell script

Hi! I'm writing a simple script which I call on using a simple html button. The script also recives a simple argument. After the script is done I immediately want to return to my html page. But I dont know how to do that! #!/bin/sh echo "Content-type: text/html" echo "" if then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crille
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter a return key in bash script?

Hi, I'm porting an install script from AIX to Red Hat (2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP) I have this script working in both AIX and HP-UX. The script is a wrapper for a Micro Focus Server Express install program. It responds to the install program questions with a here-now list. Responses includes... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: duker61
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to return first x characters from file

I need a script to read the first 1000 characters of a text file regardless of how many lines it will span. So if my first line has 2000 characters i only want the first 1000 from this line, if my first and second lines have 500 character each then i want all the characters from both lines and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested double quotes won't work in my bash script?

In a bash script I have: LSCMD="find /project/media/ -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 -name \"files*pkg\"" ALL_PACKAGES=$( $LSCMD | sort 2>/dev/null) But I get nothing returned. It's just all blank. If I run the find command in a terminal, I get dozens of hits. I figure it's the way how I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superbbrr
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in bash script; expr $a + 1: integer expression expected

Hi, I am new to shell/bash script. I am trying to run below script #!/bin/bash a=0 b=10 if then echo "a is equal to be" else echo "a is not equal to be" fi MAX=10 while do echo $a a='expr $a + 1' done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finishing a bash script for listing subfolder by size in a large folder

Greetings everyone. I have seen that you do wonders here. I have a large folder on a Ubuntu linux. Organization main folder, inside 20 000 subfolders, and inside those subolders many other like 5-6 folders and files. I am interested to create an output to a txt file under the bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need output of script on screen and file with correct return status of the called script.

Hi, I am trying to capture logs of the script in the file as well as on the screen. I have used exec and tee command for this. While using exec command I am getting the correct output in the file but, script output is not getting displayed on the screen as it get executed. Below is my sample... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script

Not sure where the problem is. I can run the script without any issue using the following command. . /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh But it fails with the below error when I try it this way /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh: line 65: return: can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svajhala
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)