Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script - $(ls expr) return double file name with one finishing with '.' Post 302718663 by jcdole on Saturday 20th of October 2012 11:51:46 AM
Old 10-20-2012
Thank you.
But my question is rather how to prevent $(ls expr) from returning file name with '.' at the end.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in finishing 2 commands

the first one: 1. i am trying to build a command that searches a text file and outputs the number of words which consists of two 'b' characters in each word separatly like barby (the b characters must be separated from one another) i tried to use grep filepath then i know that we need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newby2
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return to HTML file from shell script

Hi! I'm writing a simple script which I call on using a simple html button. The script also recives a simple argument. After the script is done I immediately want to return to my html page. But I dont know how to do that! #!/bin/sh echo "Content-type: text/html" echo "" if then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crille
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter a return key in bash script?

Hi, I'm porting an install script from AIX to Red Hat (2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP) I have this script working in both AIX and HP-UX. The script is a wrapper for a Micro Focus Server Express install program. It responds to the install program questions with a here-now list. Responses includes... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: duker61
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to return first x characters from file

I need a script to read the first 1000 characters of a text file regardless of how many lines it will span. So if my first line has 2000 characters i only want the first 1000 from this line, if my first and second lines have 500 character each then i want all the characters from both lines and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested double quotes won't work in my bash script?

In a bash script I have: LSCMD="find /project/media/ -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 -name \"files*pkg\"" ALL_PACKAGES=$( $LSCMD | sort 2>/dev/null) But I get nothing returned. It's just all blank. If I run the find command in a terminal, I get dozens of hits. I figure it's the way how I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superbbrr
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in bash script; expr $a + 1: integer expression expected

Hi, I am new to shell/bash script. I am trying to run below script #!/bin/bash a=0 b=10 if then echo "a is equal to be" else echo "a is not equal to be" fi MAX=10 while do echo $a a='expr $a + 1' done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finishing a bash script for listing subfolder by size in a large folder

Greetings everyone. I have seen that you do wonders here. I have a large folder on a Ubuntu linux. Organization main folder, inside 20 000 subfolders, and inside those subolders many other like 5-6 folders and files. I am interested to create an output to a txt file under the bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need output of script on screen and file with correct return status of the called script.

Hi, I am trying to capture logs of the script in the file as well as on the screen. I have used exec and tee command for this. While using exec command I am getting the correct output in the file but, script output is not getting displayed on the screen as it get executed. Below is my sample... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script

Not sure where the problem is. I can run the script without any issue using the following command. . /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh But it fails with the below error when I try it this way /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh: line 65: return: can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svajhala
1 Replies
dlarrj.f(3)							      LAPACK							       dlarrj.f(3)

NAME
dlarrj.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine dlarrj (N, D, E2, IFIRST, ILAST, RTOL, OFFSET, W, WERR, WORK, IWORK, PIVMIN, SPDIAM, INFO) DLARRJ Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine dlarrj (integerN, double precision, dimension( * )D, double precision, dimension( * )E2, integerIFIRST, integerILAST, double precisionRTOL, integerOFFSET, double precision, dimension( * )W, double precision, dimension( * )WERR, double precision, dimension( * )WORK, integer, dimension( * )IWORK, double precisionPIVMIN, double precisionSPDIAM, integerINFO) DLARRJ Purpose: Given the initial eigenvalue approximations of T, DLARRJ does bisection to refine the eigenvalues of T, W( IFIRST-OFFSET ) through W( ILAST-OFFSET ), to more accuracy. Initial guesses for these eigenvalues are input in W, the corresponding estimate of the error in these guesses in WERR. During bisection, intervals [left, right] are maintained by storing their mid-points and semi-widths in the arrays W and WERR respectively. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix. D D is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) The N diagonal elements of T. E2 E2 is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N-1) The Squares of the (N-1) subdiagonal elements of T. IFIRST IFIRST is INTEGER The index of the first eigenvalue to be computed. ILAST ILAST is INTEGER The index of the last eigenvalue to be computed. RTOL RTOL is DOUBLE PRECISION Tolerance for the convergence of the bisection intervals. An interval [LEFT,RIGHT] has converged if RIGHT-LEFT.LT.RTOL*MAX(|LEFT|,|RIGHT|). OFFSET OFFSET is INTEGER Offset for the arrays W and WERR, i.e., the IFIRST-OFFSET through ILAST-OFFSET elements of these arrays are to be used. W W is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) On input, W( IFIRST-OFFSET ) through W( ILAST-OFFSET ) are estimates of the eigenvalues of L D L^T indexed IFIRST through ILAST. On output, these estimates are refined. WERR WERR is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) On input, WERR( IFIRST-OFFSET ) through WERR( ILAST-OFFSET ) are the errors in the estimates of the corresponding elements in W. On output, these errors are refined. WORK WORK is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (2*N) Workspace. IWORK IWORK is INTEGER array, dimension (2*N) Workspace. PIVMIN PIVMIN is DOUBLE PRECISION The minimum pivot in the Sturm sequence for T. SPDIAM SPDIAM is DOUBLE PRECISION The spectral diameter of T. INFO INFO is INTEGER Error flag. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Contributors: Beresford Parlett, University of California, Berkeley, USA Jim Demmel, University of California, Berkeley, USA Inderjit Dhillon, University of Texas, Austin, USA Osni Marques, LBNL/NERSC, USA Christof Voemel, University of California, Berkeley, USA Definition at line 167 of file dlarrj.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 dlarrj.f(3)