Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Small query on modifying the text of file Post 302718367 by emily on Friday 19th of October 2012 01:38:54 PM
Old 10-19-2012
Hi, I did the following
Code:
$ cat test.out | while read line; do  print "${line} \c" >> outputfile; done
-bash: print: command not found

Smilie
emily,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

small semaphore query

While using semget function we use the flag 0777 | IPC_CREAT or IPC_CREAT |0666 . What is the significance of these numbers and the order in which they are written ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramit bhuyan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need in modifying the text of .txt file

Hi All, I've written a shell script in which i defined two varibles for example: str=1.0.0.15 timeStamp=2008.03.08 now using this varibles i need to modify a text file. The text content looks like this ************************ * packageNumber : 1.0.0.14 * * date :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinna
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript.query Oracle table..populate in a text file

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum as well as to UNIX shell scripting. I'm looking for a shellscript to query an Oracle database table and populate the result set of the query in a text file. Could you someone help me out with a sample code? Thanks, Bhagat (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting text and modifying the file

I am in a dire need of doing this job , please help from shell script or perl script. It will be highly appreciated. Please have a look at the following INPUT file; The first 14 rows are not of interest but I want them to be included in the output file as they are. From the row 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Mysql query reading a text file.

Hi, Is there any way that mysql query reads the content from a text file which has data in the below format: 1,2,3,4,5 and selects matched data from another table. ie I have a table named xyz which has same ids as in that file. I want this query to get count of the ids from xyz file by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Formating or Modifying

Hi Experts, I have a text exactly like below in a file: id item_id item_date prin_mkt_val --------------------------- --------------------------- ------------------------------- ------------------------ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apatil65
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate sequences and modifying a text file

Hi. I've tried several different programs to try and solve this problem, but none of them seem to have done exactly what I want (and I need the file in a very specific format). I have a large file of DNA sequences in a multifasta file like this, with around 15 000 genes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4galaxy7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract query from a text file.

Hi, I've a txt file with the following contents: variable = "select name, emp_id, org_name " variable = variable + " from table_name where " variable = variable + " condition_1 = ABC and " variable = variable + " condition_2 = DEF " varaible = variable + " order by other condition " ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying text file records, find data in one place in the record and print it elsewhere

Hello, I have some text data that is in the form of multi-line records. Each record ends with the string $$$$ and the next record starts on the next line. RDKit 2D 15 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0999 V2000 5.4596 2.1267 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write MySQL query in text file and run in Linux?

I would like to call a .sql file from a .sh file in linux. The .sql file will contain queries to MySQL database. I am able to call the .sql file by running .sh file in linux, but the sql query is not working. Below is my syntax. The select statement is throwing below error. ./sample.sql: line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qytan
1 Replies
rwsnoop(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						       rwsnoop(1m)

NAME
rwsnoop - snoop read/write events. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
rwsnoop [-jPtvZ] [-n name] [-p PID] DESCRIPTION
This is measuring reads and writes at the application level. This matches the syscalls read, write, pread and pwrite. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-j print project ID -P print parent process ID -t print timestamp, us -v print time, string -Z print zone ID -n name process name to track -p PID PID to track EXAMPLES
Default output, # rwsnoop Print zone ID, # rwsnoop -.Monitor processes named "bash", # rwsnoop -n bash FIELDS
TIME timestamp, us TIMESTR time, string ZONE zone ID PROJ project ID UID user ID PID process ID PPID parent process ID CMD command name for the process D direction, Read or Write BYTES total bytes during sample FILE filename, if file based. Reads and writes that are not file based, for example with sockets, will print "<unknown>" as the file- name. DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
rwsnoop will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
rwtop(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jul 24, 2005 rwsnoop(1m)