Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to replace pattern with filename Post 302718259 by rdrtx1 on Friday 19th of October 2012 11:09:03 AM
Old 10-19-2012
Code:

for f in *.fa; do sed 's/^>.*/>'$f'/' $f > ${f}_v1.fa; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on sed (replace string without changing filename)

I have awhole bunch of files and I want to edit stringA with stringB without changing the filename. I have tried the following sed commands: sed "s/stringA/stringB/g" * This will print the correct results but does not actually save it with the new content of the file. when I do a cat on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoves
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Search Pattern and Replace with the Pattern

Hello All, I have a string "CP_STATUS OSSRC_R6_0_Shipment_R1H_CU AOM_901046 R1H_LLSV1_2008031", and I just want to extract LLSV1, but I dont get the expected result when using the sed command below. # echo "CP_STATUS OSSRC_R6_0_Shipment_R1H_CU AOM_901046 R1H_LLSV1_2008031" | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a filename with full path using sed

hi, i need to replace a line a file with a new raw device location.. original file.. /opt/sybase/ASE1502/ASE-15_0/bin/dataserver \ -d/data/TST_AKS1/sybdevices/master.dat \ -e/logs/sybase/TST_AKS1/SFO_TST_AKS1.log \ -c/apps/sybase/ASE1502/ASE-15_0/TST_AKS1.cfg \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksaravanan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Replace repeating pattern

Hi, I have an sqlplus output file using the character ';' as a delimiter and I would like to replace the fields without datas (i.e delimited by ';;') by ';0;' Example: my sqlplus output: 11;22;33;44;;;77;; What I would like to have: 11;22;33;44;0;0;77;0; Thanks in advance for your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popesk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace the last pattern using sed?

myfile: AAAaaa BBBbbb CCCccc AAAeee DDDddd how to replace the last AAA as EEEEE using sed? like this: AAAaaa BBBbbb CCCccc EEEEEeee DDDddd (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Replace using sed or awk

Hi , My file have data like 4:ALMOST NEVER PR 1925836 5:NEVER PR W DDA 5857610 6:NEVER PR WO DDA 26770205 but i want to replace the spaces before last numric digits out put should be like this 4:ALMOST NEVER PR=1925836 5:NEVER PR W DDA=5857610 6:NEVER PR WO... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace everything but pattern in a line using sed

I have a file with multiple lines like this: <junk><PATTERN><junk><PATTERN><junk> <junk><PATTERN><junk><PATTERN><junk><PATTERN><junk> Note that 1. There might be variable number occurrences of PATTERN in a line. 2. <> are just placeholders, they do not form part of the pattern. I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flatley
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed- Replace space in filename by a \

`echo $file | sed 's/ / /g'` Hey guys I want help in converting the spaces in my file names to '\ ' . Example: UK maps --> UK\ maps Could someone please help me. I have tried the following sequences already (none of them work): 1)s/ /\ /g 2)s/ /\\ /g 3)s/ /\\\ /g Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: INNSAV1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace two character pattern with another pattern

Not able to paste my content. Please see the attachment :-( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed replace pattern

I have a file with multiple lines, all in the same format. For each line, I need to replace the sequence of digits after the last : with a new value, but keep the single quote at the end of the line. Example: Input: ( two lines of file) Name: 'text1:200/text2:1.2.3.4' Name2:... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner101
19 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)