Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to execute command to get info from multiple servers Post 302718231 by in2nix4life on Friday 19th of October 2012 10:38:37 AM
Old 10-19-2012
You could use Expect to handle the password prompting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into multiple servers thru script...

I need to login into multiple servers thru a script run couple commands and run find command as root. I only have ssh access to the servers as a user than I can "su" to root. If you have a similar script please post it. Also if you can suggest commands that I should consider please let me know. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script ftp multiple servers

Hi guys , i have 1 problem and no find what is the problem...:confused:, and .netrc is configured and correct permissions... REMOTE="/home/user" LISTADO=`cat /root/home/user/LISTADO.txt` MACHINE=$(echo $i|awk 'FS="|" {print $1}') for i in $LISTADO do ftp $MACHINE <<TER passive prompt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esquizo000
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to multiple servers using SSH and execute commands

Requirement: Run a shell script with below inputs file name checksum path the script should go to multiple servers (around 35) and verify the input cksum and if there is a mismatch display a simple message to the user that cksum verification failed. host details, user id /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to execute a command remote servers using ssh

Hello, I am running into few issues, please suggest me what I am missing. I am running this script on a linux host. Main idea of this script is to, login to each host via ssh and get uid of user, service user that I trying to run this script, has already deployed ssh keys and provide sudo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for login to servers with user name and password and execute commands

I am having the 15 servers which need to do the monitoring Hi I need a shell script, By which i can log in to multiple servers and execute the commands.. I need to specify the username and password in the scripts. Please help me to write the script so that it can login with username and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandan8a
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require single command to start script in multiple servers

I have 9 servers, on each server a script with common name is available. I send a token file to all server from 1 particular server. so when a daemon job checks that token file is available then it triggers the script.. I want to know is there any command or script which I will run/execute on... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging in to multiple Linux servers and running the command.

Hi, I am trying to write a script to run a command on multiple linux based servers and get the o/p. I am using ssh to login. It is a celerra box and EMC NAS product. I am able login but i am not able to run nas command nas_pool -size -all the NAS server. I am getting the following error. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpkumar10
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on multiple servers

I need to run a script on a bunch of remote servers. how can this be done without ssh into each individual server and run it its under /sbin/script.sh on each server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run simple single command on multiple Linux servers?

Hi All, How can i run a single command on multiple servers with or without giving credentials. I have a file(servers.txt) which has got list of servers and i want to run a command lsb_release -dr on all these servers and get output of those servers against each server. I tried below code... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

One Line Command how to use pipe statements to execute and comment on multiple possible outcomes

Hello Forum, I'm looking to expand the following command: INACTIVE_KERNELS=$(python -mplatform | grep -qi red && rpm -qa | grep '^kernel-' |grep -vE `uname -r` | paste -sd \; || echo "Not Red Hat Server") Currently this command will check if my server is RedHat server using the grep -qi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
6 Replies
EXPECT_EXPECTL(3)							 1							 EXPECT_EXPECTL(3)

expect_expectl - Waits until the output from a process matches one of the patterns, a specified time period has passed, or anEOFis seen

SYNOPSIS
int expect_expectl (resource $expect, array $cases, [array &$match]) DESCRIPTION
Waits until the output from a process matches one of the patterns, a specified time period has passed, or an EOF is seen. If $match is provided, then it is filled with the result of search. The matched string can be found in $match[0]. The match substrings (according to the parentheses) in the original pattern can be found in $match[1], $match[2], and so on, up to $match[9] (the limitation of libexpect). PARAMETERS
o $expect - An Expect stream, previously opened with expect_popen(3). o $cases - An array of expect cases. Each expect case is an indexed array, as described in the following table: Expect Case Array +----------+--------------------------+---+---+---+ |Index Key | | | | | | | | | | | | | Value Type | | | | | | | | | | | | Description | | | | | | | | | | | | Is Mandatory | | | | | | | | | | | | Default Value | | | | | | | | | | +----------+--------------------------+---+---+---+ | 0 | | | | | | | | | | | | | string | | | | | | | | | | | | pattern, that will be | | | | | | matched against the out- | | | | | | put from the stream | | | | | | | | | | | | yes | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | T{ 1 | | | | | | | | | | | | mixed | | | | | | | | | | | | value, that will be | | | | | | returned by this func- | | | | | | tion, if the pattern | | | | | | matches | | | | | | | | | | | | yes | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | T{ 2 | | | | | | | | | | | | integer | | | | | | | | | | | | pattern type, one of: | | | | | | EXP_GLOB, EXP_EXACT or | | | | | | EXP_REGEXP | | | | | | | | | | | | no | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | EXP_GLOB | | | | | | | | | | +----------+--------------------------+---+---+---+ RETURN VALUES
Returns value associated with the pattern that was matched. On failure this function returns: EXP_EOF, EXP_TIMEOUT or EXP_FULLBUFFER CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 0.2.1 | | | | | | | Prior to version 0.2.1, in $match parameter a | | | match string was returned, not an array of match | | | substrings. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 expect_expectl(3) example <?php // Copies file from remote host: ini_set("expect.timeout", 30); $stream = fopen("expect://scp user@remotehost:/var/log/messages /home/user/messages.txt", "r"); $cases = array( // array(pattern, value to return if pattern matched) array("password:", "asked for password"), array("yes/no)?", "asked for yes/no") ); while (true) { switch (expect_expectl($stream, $cases)) { case "asked for password": fwrite($stream, "my password "); break; case "asked for yes/no": fwrite($stream, "yes "); break; case EXP_TIMEOUT: case EXP_EOF: break 2; // break both the switch statement and the while loop default: die "Error has occurred!"; } } fclose($stream); ?> SEE ALSO
expect_popen(3). PHP Documentation Group EXPECT_EXPECTL(3)