Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Zero typing problem!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Zero typing problem! Post 302718165 by Subbeh on Friday 19th of October 2012 08:36:38 AM
Old 10-19-2012
The easiest way would be to do this:

Code:
$ echo ${str##*\\}
00000Hgg

Last edited by Subbeh; 10-19-2012 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Oops, doesn't work with sh in Solaris :)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hiding Passwords while typing..

Hi, We need ur advice,... We are integrating our application (oracle) with OID,and OID is with another team. While integrating they have to provide their 'ADMIN-password' when the script prompts ,But the password they are about type is visible. If this is the case they are denying it,.... Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrs
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stuck after typing goto

uname -a returns: SMP Tue May 17 17:52:23 EDT 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux I have many aliases beginning with "goto" so... if I type goto and then hit return (oops) A goto prompt pops up and I cant exit from it(I tried MANY key seqs) The only way to exit is to kill the term window... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rairey
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Learn typing in Chinese

I have a burning desire to learn how to type in chinese (and after, probably with success, in another languages). How to do this, all symbols are needed, and methods of input also. And a map of chinese keyboar layout will be helpful. I want very much study program. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

No output to CL when typing in CL.

Hello all, I am in a terminal on Solaris and something weird is happening... When I am typing I can't see what I am typing, although what I am typing is working. As is if I type the command and hit enter, the command runs. Anyone have a clue why or how I can make it display my typing? Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining typing latency

Hi all, When I use an editor (vi) that is spawned in a remote server, visually I could see the latency between typing a character/word and being displayed on the terminal. I could see this visually but how do I get a metric on this or how to quantify this? As expected, when I type in a editor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No $ when typing cw

Hi As a dummy my question is very simple. When typing cw I've read (many times) that a '$' should appear at the end of the word I'm about to change. However, it doesn't, and in my case the word is instantly deleted and so ready to be changed! Can somebody tell me why this is, or maybe I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joesh
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

@ typing creates new line

Dear Concern, Please go through the article https://www.unix.com/hp-ux/134072-typing-sign-creates-new-line.html As per the article, we need to initiate below commands. But after creating new session, we face same problem. Please advise. stty intr "^c" stty kill "^u" Please find below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
6 Replies
zipios::FilePath(3)					     Library Functions Manual					       zipios::FilePath(3)

NAME
zipios::FilePath - FilePath represents a path to a file or directory name. SYNOPSIS
#include <filepath.h> Public Member Functions FilePath (const string &path='', bool check_exists=false) Constructor. FilePath & operator= (const string &rhs) operator string () const FilePath operator+ (const FilePath &name) const Concatenates FilePath objects. FilePath filename () const Returns filename of the FilePath object by pruning the path off. bool exists () const bool isRegular () const bool isDirectory () const bool isCharSpecial () const bool isBlockSpecial () const bool isSocket () const bool isFifo () const Protected Member Functions void pruneTrailingSeparator () Prunes the trailing separator of a specified path. void check () const This function sets _checked to true, stats the path, to see if it exists and to determine what type of file it is. Protected Attributes bool _checked bool _exists bool _is_reg bool _is_dir bool _is_char bool _is_block bool _is_socket bool _is_fifo string _path Static Protected Attributes static const char _separator = '/' Detailed Description FilePath represents a path to a file or directory name. FilePath has member functions to check if the file path is a valid file system entity, and to check what kind of file system entity it is, e.g. is it a file, a directory, a pipe etc. Definition at line 18 of file filepath.h. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation zipios::FilePath::FilePath (const string &path = '', boolcheck_exists = false) Constructor. Parameters: path A string representation of the path. check_exists If true is specified the constructor will check the existence and type of the path immidiately, instead of deferring that task until it is needed. Definition at line 18 of file filepath.cpp. Member Function Documentation void zipios::FilePath::check () const [protected] This function sets _checked to true, stats the path, to see if it exists and to determine what type of file it is. All the query functions check if _checked is true, and if it isn't they call check(). This means stat'ing is deferred until it becomes necessary. Definition at line 27 of file filepath.cpp. bool zipios::FilePath::exists () const [inline] Returns: true If the path is a valid file system entity. Definition at line 129 of file filepath.h. FilePath zipios::FilePath::filename () const [inline] Returns filename of the FilePath object by pruning the path off. Definition at line 119 of file filepath.h. bool zipios::FilePath::isBlockSpecial () const [inline] Returns: true if the path is block special (a block device file). Definition at line 157 of file filepath.h. bool zipios::FilePath::isCharSpecial () const [inline] Returns: true if the path is character special (a character device file). Definition at line 150 of file filepath.h. bool zipios::FilePath::isDirectory () const [inline] Returns: true if the path is a directory. Definition at line 143 of file filepath.h. bool zipios::FilePath::isFifo () const [inline] Returns: true if the path is a Fifo (a pipe). Definition at line 171 of file filepath.h. bool zipios::FilePath::isRegular () const [inline] Returns: true if the path is a regular file. Definition at line 136 of file filepath.h. bool zipios::FilePath::isSocket () const [inline] Returns: true if the path is a socket. Definition at line 164 of file filepath.h. FilePath zipios::FilePath::operator+ (const FilePath &name) const [inline] Concatenates FilePath objects. A file separator is inserted if appropriate. Definition at line 111 of file filepath.h. void zipios::FilePath::pruneTrailingSeparator () [inline, protected] Prunes the trailing separator of a specified path. Definition at line 100 of file filepath.h. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Zipios++ from the source code. Zipios++ Mon Oct 10 2011 zipios::FilePath(3)