Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Zero typing problem!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Zero typing problem! Post 302718161 by pamu on Friday 19th of October 2012 08:29:44 AM
Old 10-19-2012
Try using double quotes..

Code:
#!/bin/sh
str=$@
echo "$str" | sed 's/.*\\//'
exit 0

@Jim

I think we can directly do like this also(Don't know is there any problem with SolarisSmilie)

Code:
echo "$str" | nawk -F '\' '{ print $NF}'

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hiding Passwords while typing..

Hi, We need ur advice,... We are integrating our application (oracle) with OID,and OID is with another team. While integrating they have to provide their 'ADMIN-password' when the script prompts ,But the password they are about type is visible. If this is the case they are denying it,.... Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrs
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stuck after typing goto

uname -a returns: SMP Tue May 17 17:52:23 EDT 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux I have many aliases beginning with "goto" so... if I type goto and then hit return (oops) A goto prompt pops up and I cant exit from it(I tried MANY key seqs) The only way to exit is to kill the term window... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rairey
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Learn typing in Chinese

I have a burning desire to learn how to type in chinese (and after, probably with success, in another languages). How to do this, all symbols are needed, and methods of input also. And a map of chinese keyboar layout will be helpful. I want very much study program. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

No output to CL when typing in CL.

Hello all, I am in a terminal on Solaris and something weird is happening... When I am typing I can't see what I am typing, although what I am typing is working. As is if I type the command and hit enter, the command runs. Anyone have a clue why or how I can make it display my typing? Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining typing latency

Hi all, When I use an editor (vi) that is spawned in a remote server, visually I could see the latency between typing a character/word and being displayed on the terminal. I could see this visually but how do I get a metric on this or how to quantify this? As expected, when I type in a editor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No $ when typing cw

Hi As a dummy my question is very simple. When typing cw I've read (many times) that a '$' should appear at the end of the word I'm about to change. However, it doesn't, and in my case the word is instantly deleted and so ready to be changed! Can somebody tell me why this is, or maybe I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joesh
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

@ typing creates new line

Dear Concern, Please go through the article https://www.unix.com/hp-ux/134072-typing-sign-creates-new-line.html As per the article, we need to initiate below commands. But after creating new session, we face same problem. Please advise. stty intr "^c" stty kill "^u" Please find below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
6 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)