Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: char array
Top Forums Programming char array Post 302717607 by expl on Thursday 18th of October 2012 10:23:18 AM
Old 10-18-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by powyama
1)Can i know the reason why the compile doesn't understand the following assignment?

(i)unsigned char pwwn[8]="0x5000533008098217";
or
(ii)unsigned char wwn[8]=0x5000533008098217;
(i) you are assigning simple ASCII string here that is literally "0x5000533008098217". But since you are defining 'pwwn' to be 8 byte long the string will be striped by compiler to first 8 characters so the assigned string becomes "0x500053" without 0 byte at the end.

(ii) this is just wrong, you cant assign any kind of number to a stack array directly. To set content to an array at this step is possible only with ways from my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powyama
2)Is there is any why to print the pwwn or wwn single shot?
like printf("\nPWWN: %x\n",pwwn);
Unless you write/find a custom function to do it, no you can't.
This User Gave Thanks to expl For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

char array problem

hello i have a program in C (Unix - SOlaris5.7), and i have the next question: i have a lot of char variable, and i want store their values in a char array. The problem is what i donīt know how to put the char variable's value into the array, and i don`t know how to define the array please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
4 Replies

2. Programming

char array

hi, I have variable like, char keyword = "TRANSPARENCY "; while passing this variable to some function, first character of variable becomes null, but rest of characters still exist. Why this happens or something wrong with declaration. Their is no error while compiling & running... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avadhani
2 Replies

3. Programming

size of char array in c

i have to store a data more than 100000. i don't know the size of the data whether it may be 100000 or 1000000. so how can i define variable size; example char abc; but i don't know the size so how can i give array size?? in one sentence how can i give the array size dynamically so that i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
6 Replies

4. Programming

CHAR Array - stuffed with values - with more size than it holds

Hi All I am simulating a problem in the production where i faced a situation. Please find the following example program which i simulated. #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<string.h> int main() { char str1; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

5. Programming

Passing by value a char array

Hi I am passing or want to pass value of a char array, so that even thoug the called routine is changing the values the calling function should not see the values changed, meaning only copy should be passed Here is the program #include<iostream.h> #include<string.h> void f(char a); int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkraj
5 Replies

6. Programming

Array of char

I'm doing some coding in C++ Want to have a long empty string like below const char ModMisfit :: DelStr = "\r \r"; However due to the long blank the line is very long. Is there any way to avoid this and keep the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

7. Programming

help with char pointer array in C

i have an array like #define NUM 8 .... new_socket_fd = accept(socket_fd, (struct sockaddr *) &cli_addr, &client_length); char *items = {"one", "two", "three", "four", "five", "six", "seven", "eight"}; char *item_name_length = {"3", "3", "5", "4", "4", "3", "5", "5"}; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I test the first char of each line in an array

Hi folks, I am self-learning as I can I have a script that has read a file into an array. I can read out each line in the array with the code: for INDEX in {0..$LENGTH} ## $LENGTH was determined at the read in do echo "${data}" done What I need to do is test the first char... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
2 Replies

9. Programming

Returning char array

I want to return a char array to the main() function, but its returning garbage value. #include<stdio.h> //#include<conio.h> #include<string.h> char* strtrmm(); int main() { char str1,c1; printf("\n Enter the string:"); gets(str1); //strtrmm(str1); printf("%s",strtrmm(str1));... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zinat
2 Replies
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)		      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions			  HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_OpenAdapter, HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN, HBA_CloseAdapter - open and close a specific adapter SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_OpenAdapter(char *adaptername); HBA_STATUS HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN(HBA_HANDLE *handle, HBA_WWN wwn); void HBA_CloseAdapter(HBA_HANDLE handle); PARAMETERS
adaptername the name of the adapter to open, as returned by HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI) handle HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() a pointer to an HBA_HANDLE HBA_CloseAdapter() the open handle of the adapter to close, as returned by HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) wwn the WWN to match the Node WWN or Port WWN of the HBA to open DESCRIPTION
The HBA_OpenAdapter() function opens the adapter specified by adaptername and returns a handle used for subsequent operations on the HBA. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function opens a handle to the HBA whose Node or Port WWN matches the wwn argument. The HBA_CloseAdapter() function closes the open handle. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_OpenAdapter() returns a valid HBA_HANDLE with a numeric value greater than 0. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function returns the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK The handle argument contains a valid HBA handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN The wwn argument is not a valid port WWN on the specified HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_AMBIGUOUS_WWN The WWN is matched to multiple adapters. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred while opening the adapter. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Open an adapter. The following example opens the specified adapter. handle = HBA_OpenAdapter(adaptername); if (handle == 0) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to open HBA %d with name " ""%s". ", hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)