Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Homework rules !
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Homework rules ! Post 302717495 by Neo on Thursday 18th of October 2012 07:39:29 AM
Old 10-18-2012
In summary, to answer the original question, I would like to highlight our policy above in bold below:

References. You Must Reference Any Help You Receive From Here:

Students must reference the The UNIX and Linux Forums as one of their sources of help if they make use of information obtained through the forum. In other words, if you get any help from our forums then you should acknowledge that fact when you write up your report and provide the URL to the thread.

We Do Not Support Cheating in Any Form:

Do not ask for solution manuals, answers to exams, or instructor's manuals. Every school and instructor has their own policies or honor codes on what constitutes cheating, and it is up to the individual student to adhere to those policies when seeking help here. If you are in doubt as to whether you are permitted to seek help, consider erring on the side of caution and not asking for help.

Any and all assistance given to homework assignments or textbook style exercises should be given only after the questioner has shown some effort in solving the problem. If no attempt is made then the questioner should be asked to provide one before any assistance is given. Under no circumstances should complete solutions be provided to a questioner, whether or not an attempt has been made.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rules?

What rules? I have been searching for hours on the internet and just cannot seem to find the command you would type to add a serial port or the file that specifies whether a filesystem shoudl be mounted at boot time or not............. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xskwizitboi
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rules

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=2971 Spelling Error. You 'Adhere' to rules, not adhear. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tux
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

rules

rules are there but asking 2 questions out of 30 is surely understanable esp when the instructor gives an open book test and urged us to seek answers anywhere we can except from him directly. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrn
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Homework Help: On Posting Questions: Any and all high school and undergraduate homework assignments or textbook style exercises for which you are seeking assistance are to be posted only in our Homework & Coursework Questions area--not in blogs, visitor messages, PMs, or the main technical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

About Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Hi, in my case, I have a question for topics that are slightly dealt with in class, which I am investigating on my own but which are not directly related to the lessons. Do I have to put the name of the school and others? (I can't put the name of the professor because is against the school rules... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naky
2 Replies
PTHREAD_SETSCHEDPARAM(3)				     Library Functions Manual					  PTHREAD_SETSCHEDPARAM(3)

NAME
pthread_setschedparam, pthread_getschedparam - control thread scheduling parameters SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_setschedparam(pthread_t target_thread, int policy, const struct sched_param *param); int pthread_getschedparam(pthread_t target_thread, int *policy, struct sched_param *param); DESCRIPTION
pthread_setschedparam sets the scheduling parameters for the thread target_thread as indicated by policy and param. policy can be either SCHED_OTHER (regular, non-realtime scheduling), SCHED_RR (realtime, round-robin) or SCHED_FIFO (realtime, first-in first-out). param spec- ifies the scheduling priority for the two realtime policies. See sched_setpolicy(2) for more information on scheduling policies. The realtime scheduling policies SCHED_RR and SCHED_FIFO are available only to processes with superuser privileges. pthread_getschedparam retrieves the scheduling policy and scheduling parameters for the thread target_thread and store them in the loca- tions pointed to by policy and param, respectively. RETURN VALUE
pthread_setschedparam and pthread_getschedparam return 0 on success and a non-zero error code on error. ERRORS
On error, pthread_setschedparam returns the following error codes: EINVAL policy is not one of SCHED_OTHER, SCHED_RR, SCHED_FIFO EINVAL the priority value specified by param is not valid for the specified policy EPERM the calling process does not have superuser permissions ESRCH the target_thread is invalid or has already terminated EFAULT param points outside the process memory space On error, pthread_getschedparam returns the following error codes: ESRCH the target_thread is invalid or has already terminated EFAULT policy or param point outside the process memory space AUTHOR
Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr> SEE ALSO
sched_setscheduler(2), sched_getscheduler(2), sched_getparam(2), pthread_attr_setschedpolicy(3), pthread_attr_setschedparam(3). LinuxThreads PTHREAD_SETSCHEDPARAM(3)