Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Homework rules !
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Homework rules ! Post 302717485 by fwrlfo on Thursday 18th of October 2012 07:27:54 AM
Old 10-18-2012
Homework rules !

Why do you ask about prof info at homeworks forum..... do you contact to prof and tell him that this student asked for our help?

I asked that because some of them are very strickt and conseder that as cheating

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rules?

What rules? I have been searching for hours on the internet and just cannot seem to find the command you would type to add a serial port or the file that specifies whether a filesystem shoudl be mounted at boot time or not............. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xskwizitboi
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rules

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=2971 Spelling Error. You 'Adhere' to rules, not adhear. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tux
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

rules

rules are there but asking 2 questions out of 30 is surely understanable esp when the instructor gives an open book test and urged us to seek answers anywhere we can except from him directly. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrn
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Homework Help: On Posting Questions: Any and all high school and undergraduate homework assignments or textbook style exercises for which you are seeking assistance are to be posted only in our Homework & Coursework Questions area--not in blogs, visitor messages, PMs, or the main technical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

About Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Hi, in my case, I have a question for topics that are slightly dealt with in class, which I am investigating on my own but which are not directly related to the lessons. Do I have to put the name of the school and others? (I can't put the name of the professor because is against the school rules... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naky
2 Replies
DBI::ProfileData(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       DBI::ProfileData(3)

NAME
DBI::ProfileData - manipulate DBI::ProfileDumper data dumps SYNOPSIS
The easiest way to use this module is through the dbiprof frontend (see dbiprof for details): dbiprof --number 15 --sort count This module can also be used to roll your own profile analysis: # load data from dbi.prof $prof = DBI::ProfileData->new(File => "dbi.prof"); # get a count of the records in the data set $count = $prof->count(); # sort by longest overall time $prof->sort(field => "longest"); # sort by longest overall time, least to greatest $prof->sort(field => "longest", reverse => 1); # exclude records with key2 eq 'disconnect' $prof->exclude(key2 => 'disconnect'); # exclude records with key1 matching /^UPDATE/i $prof->exclude(key1 => qr/^UPDATE/i); # remove all records except those where key1 matches /^SELECT/i $prof->match(key1 => qr/^SELECT/i); # produce a formatted report with the given number of items $report = $prof->report(number => 10); # clone the profile data set $clone = $prof->clone(); # get access to hash of header values $header = $prof->header(); # get access to sorted array of nodes $nodes = $prof->nodes(); # format a single node in the same style as report() $text = $prof->format($nodes->[0]); # get access to Data hash in DBI::Profile format $Data = $prof->Data(); DESCRIPTION
This module offers the ability to read, manipulate and format DBI::ProfileDumper profile data. Conceptually, a profile consists of a series of records, or nodes, each of each has a set of statistics and set of keys. Each record must have a unique set of keys, but there is no requirement that every record have the same number of keys. METHODS
The following methods are supported by DBI::ProfileData objects. $prof = DBI::ProfileData->new(File => "dbi.prof") $prof = DBI::ProfileData->new(Files => [ "dbi.prof.1", "dbi.prof.2" ]) Creates a a new DBI::ProfileData object. Takes either a single file through the File option or a list of Files in an array ref. If multiple files are specified then the header data from the first file is used. $copy = $prof->clone(); Clone a profile data set creating a new object. $header = $prof->header(); Returns a reference to a hash of header values. These are the key value pairs included in the header section of the DBI::ProfileDumper data format. For example: $header = { Path => '[ DBIprofile_Statement, DBIprofile_MethodName ]', Program => 't/42profile_data.t', }; Note that modifying this hash will modify the header data stored inside the profile object. $nodes = $prof->nodes() Returns a reference the sorted nodes array. Each element in the array is a single record in the data set. The first seven elements are the same as the elements provided by DBI::Profile. After that each key is in a separate element. For example: $nodes = [ [ 2, # 0, count 0.0312958955764771, # 1, total duration 0.000490069389343262, # 2, first duration 0.000176072120666504, # 3, shortest duration 0.00140702724456787, # 4, longest duration 1023115819.83019, # 5, time of first event 1023115819.86576, # 6, time of last event 'SELECT foo FROM bar' # 7, key1 'execute' # 8, key2 # 6+N, keyN ], # ... ]; Note that modifying this array will modify the node data stored inside the profile object. $count = $prof->count() Returns the number of items in the profile data set. $prof->sort(field => "field") $prof->sort(field => "field", reverse => 1) Sorts data by the given field. Available fields are: longest total count shortest The default sort is greatest to smallest, which is the opposite of the normal Perl meaning. This, however, matches the expected behav- ior of the dbiprof frontend. $count = $prof->exclude(key2 => "disconnect") $count = $prof->exclude(key2 => "disconnect", case_sensitive => 1) $count = $prof->exclude(key1 => qr/^SELECT/i) Removes records from the data set that match the given string or regular expression. This method modifies the data in a permanent fashion - use clone() first to maintain the original data after exclude(). Returns the number of nodes left in the profile data set. $count = $prof->match(key2 => "disconnect") $count = $prof->match(key2 => "disconnect", case_sensitive => 1) $count = $prof->match(key1 => qr/^SELECT/i) Removes records from the data set that do not match the given string or regular expression. This method modifies the data in a perma- nent fashion - use clone() first to maintain the original data after match(). Returns the number of nodes left in the profile data set. $Data = $prof->Data() Returns the same Data hash structure as seen in DBI::Profile. This structure is not sorted. The nodes() structure probably makes more sense for most analysis. $text = $prof->format($nodes->[0]) Formats a single node into a human-readable block of text. $text = $prof->report(number => 10) Produces a report with the given number of items. AUTHOR
Sam Tregar <sam@tregar.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002 Sam Tregar This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.8.0 2002-12-01 DBI::ProfileData(3)