Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lftp script to connect to external sftp site and download to internal ftp and then send email Post 302717391 by ghath on Thursday 18th of October 2012 05:24:52 AM
Old 10-18-2012
Thanks for the post.

We are talking about two hosts on our network, one of these is our internal linux FTP server (which manages all of our FTP downloads) and the other host is our windows fileshare server, this is where the data needs to be transferred to. After the data is transferred, an archive copy needs to be copied to another folder on the fileshare server with the folder being the "date" of when created.

We can only download the data once from the external ftp server due to the amount of data. This transfer will take place daily. We currently use lftp so I would like to continue using this command if possible....

I will continue trawling the web to get a better understanding, I'm just unsure of the code and how to arrange it in the script as it confuses the hell out of me.
Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to connect sftp servers

Dear friends, i need to connect sftp server from my home directory using script . Please can anyone help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for download files from ftp site

I'm new to scripting. I'm trying to write a script to download files from ftp site, the following is the script and the message i get after running the script. no files were downloaded :( Thanks advance! script: #!/usr/bin/ksh DAY=`date --date="-1 days" +%y%m%d` ftp -v -n "ftp.address" <<... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiff-matt
5 Replies

3. Linux

shell script to download files from a site?

Hey everyone, my wife has purchased a bundle package of a bunch of images from a site, and now has to download each one of them manually. There are about 500 downloads, and it's quite a hassle to browse to each page and download them all individually. I would like to write a shell script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

LFTP - to download files that are between 0 and 3 days old

Im writing a script and i specifically need it to download files that are between 0-2 days old. This will run every 2 days. I understand lftp supports newer files only, but these files will be removed from the target so this is not what we want. Does anyone know how to do this? ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lftp: Option to lftp a file, wait and download a file as soon as its created

Please let me know what is lftp options combination to wait and download a file from target as soon as its gets created. I tried with different options but not able to get it working as I need any help would be appreciated (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmkux
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Disk in Linux machine are internal or external

How to check whether the disk in linux machine are internal or external ( from nas or san). How to identify internal(local) and external disks. Following are some details of my server. Thanks. #df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda3 15G 3.5G 10G... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmanraza
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lftp sftp get - script renames the local file with suffix tilde

Hi, Below script used for sftp get, #/bin/bash USER=xxx PASS=xxx HOST=xxx REMOTE_FILE=$1 LOCAL_FILE_LOC=$2 cd $LOCAL_FILE_LOC lftp sftp://$USER:$PASS@$HOST:10022 -e "get $REMOTE_FILE; bye" If file does not exist in sftp server, and file (same as remote file name) exists in local dir,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhegde1011
4 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)