Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nanobsd
Operating Systems BSD nanobsd Post 302717223 by DGPickett on Wednesday 17th of October 2012 05:56:24 PM
Old 10-17-2012
NanoBSD Howto
Code:
The configuration file consists of configuration options, which override the default values. The most important directives are:
  • NANO_NAME Name of build (used to construct the workdir names).
  • NANO_SRC Path to the source tree used to build the image.
  • NANO_KERNEL Name of kernel configuration file used to build kernel.
  • CONF_BUILD Options passed to the buildworld stage of the build.
  • CONF_INSTALL Options passed to the installworld stage of the build.
  • CONF_WORLD Options passed to both the buildworld and the installworld stage of the build.
  • FlashDevice Defines what type of media to use. Check the FlashDevice.sub file for more details.

A list of the WITHOUT_'s (used to be NO_'s) and their meaning is here:Man Page for src.conf (all Section 0) - The UNIX and Linux Forums

I suppose picobsd is smaller.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. BSD

nanobsd problem

hi i have some problems with nanobsd still. whether i set lots of WITHOUT s in CONF_WORLD or a few WITHOUT s , the image file's volume is about 600MB ... what should i do in order to have a very light image ?? thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: turner
1 Replies
reverse-depends(1)					      General Commands Manual						reverse-depends(1)

NAME
reverse-depends - List the reverse-dependencies (or build-dependencies) of a package SYNOPSIS
reverse-depends [options] package DESCRIPTION
List reverse-dependencies (or build-dependencies) of package. If the package name is prefixed with src: then the reverse-dependencies of all the binary packages that the specified source package builds will be listed. OPTIONS
-r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Query dependencies in RELEASE. Default: current development release. -R, --without-recommends Only consider Depends relationships, not Recommends. -s, --with-suggests Also consider Suggests relationships. -b, --build-depends Query build dependencies. Synonym for --arch=source. -a ARCH, --arch=ARCH Query dependencies in ARCH. Besides valid architecture names, the special values any and source may be used. any displays all reverse dependencies, the union across all architecture. source displays build dependencies. Default: any. -c COMPONENT, --component=COMPONENT Only consider reverse-dependencies in COMPONENT. Can be specified multiple times. Default: all components. -l, --list Display a simple, machine-readable list. -u URL, --service-url=URL Reverse Dependencies web-service URL. Default: UbuntuWire's service at http://qa.ubuntuwire.org/rdepends/. -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXAMPLES
All reverse dependencies of source package bash: reverse-depends src:bash AUTHORS
reverse-depends and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 reverse-depends(1)